Waiting Impatiently for Powerbook 15"

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I ordered a standard Powerbook 15" 1.25 about 30 minutes after the keynote was finished. I believe around 2:30am PDT. On the 17th Apple shipped my Office X and on the 18th they said they shipped the Powerbook. It is scheduled to be delivered on September 22.

The only problem is that the tracking number they have given me is not appearing on Airbornes website. When I called Airborne, they don't have a accurate track of international shipments. They couldn't tell me if it was shipped from Taipei or if it is in customs, or whatever.

I'm wondering if I will get it before my Office X or later. I'm thinking of the latter. I'm scheduled to receive Office X through FedEx on Wednesday September 23.

With the delays and sheet, I probably won't get it till next week. Apple tells me that it was definately shipped. I don't know who to exactly trust

Anyone have simular experience or have placed orders and are going through the same thing I am.

The suspense and excitement is killing me.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    I ordered three 15" PowerBooks at 3:15 a.m. on tuesday. At frst the order status page said they would ship the same day. Then, a day later it said they would ship thursday. I finally got an email from Apple with the tracing numbers and it appeared as though the PowerBooks had shipped from L.A. On Friday, however, the status jumped from the PowerBooks being in L.A., to the PowerBooks being in Taipei .

I called Airborne and sure enough they were in flight from Taipei at that moment and Friday night Airborne's website showed that they had arrived in L.A. Now it will be another two days before they make it to the Bay Area. So much for same day shipping \.

I don't think I am the highest priority for Apple though because I used my developer discount to by the computers and got three tope end PowerBooks for $2,079.00 each!!!
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by amitofu

I ordered three 15" PowerBooks at 3:15 a.m. on tuesday. At frst the order status page said they would ship the same day. Then, a day later it said they would ship thursday. I finally got an email from Apple with the tracing numbers and it appeared as though the PowerBooks had shipped from L.A. On Friday, however, the status jumped from the PowerBooks being in L.A., to the PowerBooks being in Taipei .

I called Airborne and sure enough they were in flight from Taipei at that moment and Friday night Airborne's website showed that they had arrived in L.A. Now it will be another two days before they make it to the Bay Area. So much for same day shipping \.

I don't think I am the highest priority for Apple though because I used my developer discount to by the computers and got three tope end PowerBooks for $2,079.00 each!!!

So far, no update to the Airborne Express page. It is now 7:30 on September 21. The Airborne customer representive still has no clue where the package was or having received it. They recommended me just to call in my local office. The reason they gave was that since there was a large backlog of powerbook orders, they were expidited rather quickly. Some, perhaps did not get scanned on the way out. That means if it gets lost or misdirected, I'm fscked....It'll take me another month to get me a powerbook with the current demand and I was one of the first to place my order.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    My email from Apple regarding the shipment of my PowerBook 15" states:

"For orders shipped Monday through Thursday tracking information will

be available on the carrier sites 12 to 24 hours after shipping.

For orders shipped Friday through Sunday tracking information will be

available on the carrier sites by the following Monday evening."

Although your PowerBook was sent on Thursday, perhaps the Friday rule is in effect for some reason.

I received two emails from Apple. They each have a different tracking number. When I check one of them, it states that the PowerBook has been sent from Taipei (and has arrived in the U.S.). When I check the other, nothing comes up, due to the reason listed above.

My guess is that the PowerBook is now in the US, and should be delievered to you shortly. You should be able to check its status on Monday, as stated above. Unless there is something crazy going on with your order.

We're all waiting for our machines. . . I can't wait to get it!
  • Reply 4 of 10
    The time I got the notification was around Thu, 18 Sep 2003 01:19:43 -0700. So, it was probably shipped out of the warehouse in Taipei a few hours later. Maybe I'm just getting all paranoid.

The apple rep did tell me it should be available Saturday or Sunday evening. I guess, it has to do with the large amount of shipments out of taipei for powerbooks. It probably didn't get scanned. I'm praying that I get it tomorrow. I'm going to call the local airborne office around 7:00am to see if it ever arrived in Washington.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by feliperal

The time I got the notification was around Thu, 18 Sep 2003 01:19:43 -0700. So, it was probably shipped out of the warehouse in Taipei a few hours later. Maybe I'm just getting all paranoid.

The apple rep did tell me it should be available Saturday or Sunday evening. I guess, it has to do with the large amount of shipments out of taipei for powerbooks. It probably didn't get scanned. I'm praying that I get it tomorrow. I'm going to call the local airborne office around 7:00am to see if it ever arrived in Washington.

Taiwan is 12 hours ahead of the US E.S.T.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Well, I was able to get tracking info finally, but not on the web. For some reason, the shippment was delayed in customs and is now scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. Right now, it is in Willamete, OH. So much for expidited shipping.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Are you near an Apple store? The one near me has about 6-12 in stock per day. I brought mine home yesterday, no hassles.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    in the UK, ordered on the day of the keynote. set to arrive 15 october...

thats shocking
  • Reply 9 of 10
    How the heck are you guys getting any tracking info from Airborne. I keep coming up with nothing. I ordered mine on 9/16 at 0923 PST. Apple sent me a note stating it had shipped 9/18 with a tracking #. No info avif you wnter the # into Airborne web site. I call Airborne and get an in transit status, but nothing else available. Looks like Airborne's tracking methods just aint up to snuff. I'm guessing delivery of Tuesday which would be 3 business from date of shipping. GOD, I HATE WAITING.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    My 15" AL PowerBook arrived by Airborne Express today. I ordered the morning of the Keynote, and it was sent from Taipai on the 18th. I imagine that most of you who ordered the stock model and are waiting for Airborne to deliever it will receive it very very soon.

My sympathies to those still waiting, as I know it is quite an unbearable thing to have to deal with.