Safari and AI forums

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
For some reason, in Safari, I have to keep logging into the AI forums for anything and everything. Searching, reply, posting, whatever. The first thing I thought was, "Okay the cookies are bad." So I deleted them, quit Safari, visited AI, logged in and then went elsewhere. I return to AI and I still have to log in.

Any one else?

Suggestions? Solutions?

Bueller? Bueller?

Screed

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by sCreeD

For some reason, in Safari, I have to keep logging into the AI forums for anything and everything. Searching, reply, posting, whatever. The first thing I thought was, "Okay the cookies are bad." So I deleted them, quit Safari, visited AI, logged in and then went elsewhere. I return to AI and I still have to log in.

Any one else?

Suggestions? Solutions?

Bueller? Bueller?

Screed

This might seem like an obvious answer, but have you set Safari to accept cookies in the first place?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I had a similar problem when I started using this Bulletin Board. I simply go to the forums in one tab, and log in. Then I open more tabs in Safari, once I have logged in. It seems to work fine then.

One problem I do have, is that when a page finishes loading in Safari, the tab it is in automatically pops up to the front. Annoying when I'm looking at something else in a different tab. m.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Yes cookies are enabled. (But there was an option about cookies from the current site or something like that -- I'll look at that again).

The curious bit is why did it change? I've been fine until a few weeks ago. Hm.

And yes, the pop to foreground when the page finishes loading thing is annoying. Ghosts of early Mozilla, yech.

Screed
  • Reply 4 of 4
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Well that was fruitless. Changing to "always accept cookies" didn't change things.

Maybe I'll trash all Safari related preference files...

Screed