Music editing

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
What is the best music editing software out there??? I need to be able to edit multiple trax and use complex crossfades along with the ability to move the music around like objects. Any one out there know what I should use?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    The best audio editing software is Pro Tools, but Pro Tools for OS X requires hardware and is kinda expensive.

If you can boot into OS 9 though there is a free version of Pro Tools which you can find here.

It's very powerful for a free app and pretty intuitive to use.

Freeware for OS X can be found here although I don't know anything about it since I run Pro Tools for OS X at work with tons of great hardware to play with.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by alxapplebmw

What is the best music editing software out there??? I need to be able to edit multiple trax and use complex crossfades along with the ability to move the music around like objects. Any one out there know what I should use?

try emagic's Logic - owned by Apple so you know it'll work well w/ your Mac and it's used by musicians like Radiohead and bt who are established well respected musicians who create and edit on a computer...
  • Reply 3 of 3
    yeah....logic should do it, but logic has a STEEP learning curve....but then again what pro apps don't