Apple Stores Outside US

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
When making purchasing suggestions, people often say "go to your local Apple store and try it out". Unfortunately, here in the UK, there are none . OK, I can see some on diplay in PC World, but the staff there aren't exactly helpful, they're hardly ever available, and I suspect that their knowledge of Apple kit is even smaller than what they know about PC's . John Lewis stores also stock a few, but again, try getting someone who knows anything about them!!!.

I guess I have two questions...

1) Are there any good Apple retailers in the UK? I live just north of London, so London stores are easily accessible, and I can get to places like Milton Keynes, Cambridge etc without too much trouble.

2) Why are Apple so US-centred with their retail stores? I realise that the US is probably their largest market, but surely an increase reatil presence in other countries would help them build their user base.

Dave.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    In due time. Tokyo first, since it's one of Apple's best sales regions sharewise. I'd assume Paris would be Apple's first Europe location, as it has a reputation of being cosmopolitan, trendy, and chic in addition to being strategically sandwiched between Europe's most populous countries.

Besides, I always hear people talking about Apple Centre authorized dealers dotted about the UK and Australia... Is there an Apple Centre in London?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

In due time. Tokyo first, since it's one of Apple's best sales regions sharewise. I'd assume Paris would be Apple's first Europe location, as it has a reputation of being cosmopolitan, trendy, and chic in addition to being strategically sandwiched between Europe's most populous countries.

Besides, I always hear people talking about Apple Centre authorized dealers dotted about the UK and Australia... Is there an Apple Centre in London?

Consider yourself lucky since the UK will likely be one of the first countries to host an Apple store. I, unfortunately, am in a country so far down Apple's priority list (in every way) as to not exist.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

little tidbit

Apple Stores in SF and Tokyo will have spiral all glass staircases
  • Reply 4 of 7
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

little tidbit

Woohoo!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

little tidbit

there's a glass staircase in the chicago store that gives me vertigo, i can only imagine the effects of a spiral glass staircase.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dave Abrey

Are there any good Apple retailers in the UK? I live just north of London, so London stores are easily accessible...

Dave. Mate. You're asking for Apple Retailers? You telling me you live Nr London and you haven't been along Tottenham Court Road?

There are three (yes three...count 'em) Micro Anvika stores - all within a few hundred metres of each other and all, to my knowledge, have a Mac expert. Last time I visited (13 Sept) they had most of Apple's current range (TiBook, iBook, ADC displays, iSight... G5).

Have a look at their website www.MicroAnvika.co.uk to find their addresses. I can't wait to get to Uni 'cos my Halls of Residence are just of Tottenham Court road... Sweet.