Quark 6

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Whenever I try to print a file that has a graphic in it, it won't print. If I save it back to version 5 it prints just fine.

Any ideas as to why this would happen.

Also, when trying to link graphics from a zip or CD it doesn't see them. Very frustrating.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    Quote:

Originally posted by fish_patti

Whenever I try to print a file that has a graphic in it, it won't print. If I save it back to version 5 it prints just fine.

Any ideas as to why this would happen.

Also, when trying to link graphics from a zip or CD it doesn't see them. Very frustrating.

QE6 prints in B & W on my ink jet, what is that all about?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    <Rant>It's called Quark bugs, because this is a .0 release. I think they're confused; they used to have a monopoly on the market, and they still act like it. We waited forever, and we got... a beta. Get InDesign or wait another huge amount of time for Quark 6.1 (which will cost $100, just fix bugs, and still be inferior to InDesign.)</Rant>
  • Reply 3 of 5
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Where do you keep all your PPDs? if you have them in a special location (not in /library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/en.lprog/) then you have to specify that in Quarks PPD manager (in the Tools menu I believe). then delete your quark preference and restart quark. Hope that helps.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Outsider

Where do you keep all your PPDs? if you have them in a special location (not in /library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/en.lprog/) then you have to specify that in Quarks PPD manager (in the Tools menu I believe). then delete your quark preference and restart quark. Hope that helps.

I have all the PPD's in the correct folder. But I will look into doing it the other way you suggested. It couldn't hurt.

Thanks
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by ryaxnb

<Rant> they used to have a monopoly on the market, and they still act like it. </Rant>

Unfortunately, their monopoly is still quite intact. It looks like a few years yet to kill this pig. If Adobe sticks to it's guns and keeps releasing great updates to InDesign then it's only a matter of time until Quark is phased out.