6/23 Ordered Dual G5 CTO Shipped - Finally

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I finally got my tracking number for my CTO dual G5 today ordered an hour after the keynote.

2nd day was upgraded to FedEx priority overnight. So I assume it will arrive Saturday, Sacramento down to Los Angeles.

Overall I'm pretty unhappy with the way Apple handled the whole situation. Apple seems to have generated much unneeded ill will with the first 11th hour email and the second erroneous email delay messages. The Apple Store customer reps were all over the map in their helpfulness and knowledge.

All the frustration will be gone when the machine arrives of course, it will be replacing my old 8500 with 300mhz G3 upgrade.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Tuttle

I finally got my tracking number for my CTO dual G5 today ordered an hour after the keynote.

2nd day was upgraded to FedEx priority overnight. So I assume it will arrive Saturday, Sacramento down to Los Angeles.

Overall I'm pretty unhappy with the way Apple handled the whole situation. Apple seems to have generated much unneeded ill will with the first 11th hour email and the second erroneous email delay messages. The Apple Store customer reps were all over the map in their helpfulness and knowledge.

All the frustration will be gone when the machine arrives of course, it will be replacing my old 8500 with 300mhz G3 upgrade.

WOW. THAT IS ONE HECK OF AN UPGRADE!

In all honesty, yes it sucks, but Apple has put together one heck of a machine. At least there aren't problems ala the 500MHz G4. I don't know if these machines are slow to get out because production is low or demand is high. I suspect the latter.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
    OK, I am a retard WHAT DOES "CTO" MEAN. I just can't connect the dots.

Thanks \
  • Reply 3 of 7
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Configure To Order. The more common abbreviation is BTO for Build To Order.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

Configure To Order. The more common abbreviation is BTO for Build To Order.

Doh
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Same here. Ordered Dual G5 with Radeon 9800 and Bluetooth on 6/23. My order moved from 8/29 to 9/2 to 9/23. 9/23 came and went and I got mighty freaked. All the phone operators could tell me was "well, its in manufacturing..."

Anyway, I get my email late Thursday night that it had been shipped and they sent it priority overnight. I received it via Fed Ex at 8:55 on Friday morning. Its perfect, its fast, its everything I wanted. Thank you, Apple.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Mine arrived this morning around 10 am.

Hooked it up. Typed in my isp info and every thing just worked. The machine is really quiet. It looks much better than it did in the pictures I've seen over the past couple of months.

I feel tingly all over. The last new Mac I bought was my 8500 around eight years ago. My last Mac OS version was 9.1 so this is quite an upgrade, heh.

Congrats to everyone else who got theirs already and hang in there to those who haven't yet.

What a great time to be a Mac user.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Mine just started shipping. I'm playing the FedEx game now.