web browers - TABS!!!!!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
hey,

I use an old clamshell ibook, awaiting my new 1.24 15" pb, and was wondering... I use Netscape to browse due to the fact that you can run tabs. I think tabs are the most obvious and useful thing a browser needs, yet netscape is the only one that seems to use it.. So my quezziez be dis:

- does safari have tabs?

- is there netscape for osX?

- what does it sound like when doves cry?

peas out

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    666666 Posts: 134member
    ok, so there is netscape for osx...

But cast your votes yall, what do you think is the best browser for OSX? I've had a run through safari and wasn't that impressed.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by 666

ok, so there is netscape for osx...

But cast your votes yall, what do you think is the best browser for OSX? I've had a run through safari and wasn't that impressed.

Are you shitting me? Safari is one of the best browsers I've used on any platform. It's fast, I've had next to 0 compatibility problems and it looks pretty. Keychain integration alone makes it better than Netscape. Add to that it's UI compliant and it's faster and you've got yourself a winner. Firebird on Windows comes close to Safari for what it can do, but I'd still use Safari any day over it.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    I have had one website not work for me but that was an obvious Java problem with the person that made it... Safari is super fast, it has tabs, and I have even have pages that could not be viewed with IE work in Safari, I have not have any bug problems or anything... you can't ask for anything better. Even though we know it will get better later on anyway.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    I didn't like safari at first, but then once I got it stable, it's pretty great.

still crashes from time to time, and has problem with a lot of java stuff, and can't check boxes in many polls and stuff, but I'm sure it will all get better in the future. Safari is especially good with the aqua skin.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    666666 Posts: 134member
    no i'm not shitting you, maybe it was an older version, but it would format sites all wacky, not open others and generally be really slow.

Just coz it's apple doesn't mean its good... But anyway, seems like the newer versions have prob. fixed this action.

word
  • Reply 6 of 15
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 666

Just coz it's apple doesn't mean its good...

Where in my post did you see that I even implied that?

I'm a professional websurfer and designer for fun. I love using Safari for both activities. I only wish all browsers could be so good.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Camino
  • Reply 8 of 15
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    Camino.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    I like Safari. If you still perfer Netscape however consider Firebird. Firebird is Mozilla/Netscape without the e-mail feature and other "bloat."
  • Reply 10 of 15
    Camino
  • Reply 11 of 15
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

Where in my post did you see that I even implied that?

I'm a professional websurfer and designer for fun. I love using Safari for both activities. I only wish all browsers could be so good.

Gee...I'd sure love to surf the web as a profession!

As for the browser debate...Safari owns. Or at least 1.0 does.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    jwilljwill Posts: 209member
    I use Safari basically. I can't get used to anything else because I only back up my Safari bookmarks, and I just can't get the feel for any other browser anymore (obviously except for IE in OS 9).
  • Reply 13 of 15
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    I switched to safari, for many reasons, from netscape, i also want to work with mac mail (i've had my issues) but the one thing i can't do on Safari which i could with Net and IE is send the webpage. Someone said it's under "safari--services--send page" but all the "services are greyed out and can't use any of them. So how can i send a webpage. Is there a problem with my safari, is there a fix???? also the following under safari are greyed out: make sticky notes, those that are selectable under safari--services--finder/grab/mail/speech/textedit when selected only give greyed out options nothing to choose.

I want to send webpages
  • Reply 14 of 15
    I run safari and I love it. Although every once and a while it will crash when I'm running tabs.