Paging Belle...info on iBook carrying case/bag?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Sorry...I would've contacted you directly, but your profile doesn't show your e-mail address.

Do you remember several months ago (before this long spell of no AI...last spring or so?) where you spoke of a iBook case company where you could design your own bag (colors, styles, straps, pockets, etc.) from a list of different options (a BTO for laptop bags, basically).

What was that company and do you have their URL? I remember you speaking very highly of them and you had ordered (or were about to) a bag from them.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    <a href="http://www.timbuk2.com"; target="_blank">www.timbuk2.com</a>
  • Reply 2 of 5
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    That's it! Thanks, Escher.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    bellebelle Posts: 1,574member
    My work here is done. And I didn't even do it.

Make sure and post the details if you go ahead and order, pscates, and your impressions when it arrives.

PS. Thanks, Escher!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    I recently ordered a Timbuk2 messenger bag and I'm quite impressed. This is my second messenger bag from them. Timbuk2 also makes the Commuter Computer bag which has some extra features, but I'm sure it just as well made as their other bags.The features and service from this company is outstanding. Their bags are a little pricy (my mid sized bag was over $100 after shipping with the accessories I bought) but its well worth it.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Thought I'd offer a dissenting view...

Call me crazy (go ahead. say it. Say It!) but when I recently had to choose a new bag for my TiBook, I skipped the Timbuk2 and went with a Spire backpack. I've got an oldschool Timbuk2 messenger bag that I've been using for the past four years, but it's not the sort of thing I'd want to carry around a computer in. One strap, plus the lack of available add-ons when I bought mine ensured that it would be a daily use bag only. This time around, knowing that I'll be carting 5 lbs. around fairly frequently, in addition to a rolling suitcase deal made the idea of balanced weight very attractive.

I considered Spire, Timbuk2, and Ant Industrial Design. Went with the Spire Icon, and I'm almost 100% satisfied. (I wish the profile were a bit thinner, but we don't always get what we want.) Ant looked way cool, but didn't deliver enough comfort and practicality for the daily usage long run.

More than my $0.02, but in the end either company rocks out, and I'd strongly recommend them both. Good luck!