Developer tools

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I had downloaded the Developer Tools (Dec 2002) image from ADC and installed it on my Pismo some time ago (basically as a requirement for fink and other things). Of course, I deleted that image, so when my 15" AlBook arrived, I'm ready to put it back on (figure it's safer than copying the files, most of which I have no idea where they are).

Problem 1: I can't seem to get the download from Apple's servers today. Times out, time and time again. Is anyone else having this issue? Can someone with a login try it for me?

Problem 2: I figure out the DVD with the new 'book has the developer's tools on it. Or does it? I run through the Software Restore, am able to select "Developer's Tools", but after it's all done gcc (for example) is nowheres to be found (should be /usr/bin/gcc). What am I missing here?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I thought that there is a package installer somewhere on the HD. (The little brown box with a yellow cube inside it icon). It's either on the CD that came with your AlBook, or on the HD already.

At least it was when I bought my iMac G4... m.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Merovingian

I thought that there is a package installer somewhere on the HD. (The little brown box with a yellow cube inside it icon). It's either on the CD that came with your AlBook, or on the HD already.

At least it was when I bought my iMac G4... m.

AHA! I wouldn't have thought the DVD only put the .pkg file on my HD... I'da thunk it actually installed the DevTools.

Thanks a million. I found it, it's installing now.

Cheers!
  • Reply 3 of 4
    for future reference, i think its:-

Code:

/<sysvolume>/Applications/Installers/Developer Tools

• Reply 4 of 4
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gargoyle

for future reference, i think its:-

Code:

/<sysvolume>/Applications/Installers/Developer Tools

Thanks, I installed it not 5 min before I saw this thread. But for the life of me I couldn't find it! I was gonna search for it but I decided not to in hopes I'd remember. Well I didn't so out of principal of me being stubborn I didn't search.