More competition for iTMS

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
MusicMatch is releasing a store. It sounds almost too good to be true except for the wma part. Otherwise, as near as I can tell, it's just like the iTMS. Shit.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

MusicMatch is releasing a store. It sounds almost too good to be true except for the wma part. Otherwise, as near as I can tell, it's just like the iTMS. Shit.

The Dell Music Store and the MusicMatch store are allegedly one and the same.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    In my limited test so far, man it's buggy (or I'm stupid)... I click on the link for 3 Doors Down, a featured artist, and it tries searching for "Undefined". I also got a search for "null" at one point... me thinks they forgot to check for dead links or something.

Other comments:

1) Appears they're caching the music a few seconds before the preview... I wait about 4 seconds before hearing anything.

2) 3 options for preview quality - 20kbps is low, med and CD is supposedly 65kbps.

3) Not going to try buying anything, so don't know how that experience is.

Edit: So I must be really freaking stupid. All links for artists AND albums I click send me to searches for null or undefined. Why do companies bother to release stuff that's not complete?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Musicmatch is the Windows software that comes on the iPod software CD.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    What's the bitrate on the actual downloads? 128 kbps and not 64 kbps, I hope!
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

What's the bitrate on the actual downloads? 128 kbps and not 64 kbps, I hope!

I think I read it was 160 kbps.