Powerbook freezes...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have posted this at another site, but the main question I want to ask here is:

If I'm getting beachballs a lot and I did all the usual things (fix permissions/fsck-y/complete erase of HD/Clean install/change out ram/etc) and when I get these beachballs, if I hit the side of the powerbook on the right side, these beachballs go away, what would be the cause?

I mean....to me it sounds like loose wiring or something? AppleCare did replace the combo drive about a month or two ago, and this problem surfaced about a month ago....

Mac: Powerbook 667 dvi

Ram: 1GB

HD: 60GB

OSX 10.2.8 (yes, the dreaded .8, but it runs fine here and the problems surfaced before the update)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    taliesintaliesin Posts: 117member
    Quote:

Originally posted by OSXaddict

I have posted this at another site, but the main question I want to ask here is:

If I'm getting beachballs a lot and I did all the usual things (fix permissions/fsck-y/complete erase of HD/Clean install/change out ram/etc) and when I get these beachballs, if I hit the side of the powerbook on the right side, these beachballs go away, what would be the cause?

I mean....to me it sounds like loose wiring or something? AppleCare did replace the combo drive about a month or two ago, and this problem surfaced about a month ago....

Mac: Powerbook 667 dvi

Ram: 1GB

HD: 60GB

OSX 10.2.8 (yes, the dreaded .8, but it runs fine here and the problems surfaced before the update)

Sounds liek a loose hd connector to me. If you take offf the bottom panel you will see a ribbon cable that attaches to the board from the drive. Put another piece of tape on it after reseating the connector.

Just a thought....