Napster 2.0 To Launch Beta Version

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
From Mac Minute:

Quote:

Napster 2.0 beta to launch next week

October 1 - 17:45 EDT__ Roxio, which bought Napster for US$5 million last year, is planning an October 9 test launch for the new, legal version of the service called Napster 2.0, according to Napster spokesman Seth Oster. Reuters reports: "Oster said the company also will unveil full details and the official launch date for Napster 2.0 at the service's beta, or test, launch event in New York City, next Thursday, where over 200 members of the press and industry are invited... In the past Roxio had said Napster 2.0 would launch by Christmas, but sources familiar with the matter said the new Web site will be online and running no later than November."

Apple where art thou? Soon I hope.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I can understand why people want Apple to get iTMS to windows, but the truth is there where online music stores before iTMS was released, and there have been ones that launched after- all failures. I don't think the the situation is dire by any means.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Not dire, but anxiously waiting. Apple raised the bar with iTMS and they'll do it again with iTMS For WIndows.

P.S. I wonder when they do announce iTMS For Windows whether they'll have a big unveiling. Many Windows users don't go to Apple.com so I guess there will be a need to get the word out (other then those people who have iPods for Windows - they'll most likely get an email.)
  • Reply 3 of 4
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Not dire, but anxiously waiting. Apple raised the bar with iTMS and they'll do it again with iTMS For WIndows.

P.S. I wonder when they do announce iTMS For Windows whether they'll have a big unveiling. Many Windows users don't go to Apple.com so I guess there will be a need to get the word out (other then those people who have iPods for Windows - they'll most likely get an email.)

Could it be-gasp!-ADVERTISEMENTS!

Yeah, right.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Print media ads for newsweeklies require as much a 30 day lead time. Monthly magazines as long as 8-12 weeks. TV ads also require advance booking although Apple can wait to deliver the actual ads until 24 hours prior to airing by the networks.