Powershot and iPhoto

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hey everyone,

I have a quick question. I don't own a Mac yet but some of the computers on my campus are Mac's. My question is whether I can download pictures from my camera to iPhoto without installing Canon's software? In the camera's instruction manual it talks about making sure that the software is installed before connecting your camera and computer. I figured this was just Canon fluff, trying to get you to use their software. So to recap, can I plug my camera into a Mac without installing the camera's software? Thanks for the help.

Grant

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    ericgericg Posts: 135member
    Yes you don't have to install Canon's own software. you can use iPhoto or- and that's what I use with my Canon A20- Image capture.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    iPhoto will work but it won't import movies so be careful not to check 'delete after import' if there are video clips on the camera. They get deleted as well.

Also, with my S110, iphoto will occasionally crash and loose pictures during an import if this check box is checked. The features doesn't cause the crash, only the subsequent lost pictures.