Does anybody know of a Mac Developer Forum?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Title says it all. I'm looking for a Mac Developer Forum to ask questions in. I joined the Apple Developer Community but I don't see a forum. Perhaps I just don't know where to look. But searches on yahoo come up empty.

There has to be something.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Both Apple and OmniGroup maintain developer mailing lists. I'm on one of the OmniGroup lists (the OSX-dev list), and it's quite helpful. Apple employees read and contribute to it. There are multiple mailing lists for any particular subject, so I can offer a more specific answer if I know what in particular you're interested in. You can browse the index of Apple mailing lists to get some idea. Just remember that third parties also maintain excellent mailing lists and resources as well.

MacNN has a Developer forum, and so does Ars Technica (although their Programmer Symposium is not Mac specific). YMMV; although I check out both fora from time to time, I've found the mailing lists to be better trafficked, meatier, and blessed with the presence of ranking Apple employees.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    roborobo Posts: 469member
    The Mac Achaia at ArsTechnica has a lot of experienced Mac developers in it. There are quite often Mac dev threads in there. Right now, there is one discussing getting LAME AltiVec optimized

-robo