G5 10.2.8

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Not showing up in Software Update, but it can be downloaded and installed. Anyone take the plunge with their G5?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    I just upgraded from 10.2.6 on a older 600Mhz iMac, and it' 3x as fast as it was before.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

Not showing up in Software Update, but it can be downloaded and installed. Anyone take the plunge with their G5?

i updated but i encountered a problem after i tried to restart, it just kina hung on the shutdown screen for 15 min until i did a hard reset, but after that everything actually works alot better. such as my firewire audio devices.

the machine was a dual 2ghz g5.

id wait till its on software update, give them time to fix that install bug. but either way it works great.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Thanks for the tip. I'll keep clicking away at software update until it shows up.

If it doesn't appear soon though, I'm just gonna install the downloadable version. I can't wait anymore!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Quote:

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep clicking away at software update until it shows up.

If it doesn't appear soon though, I'm just gonna install the downloadable version. I can't wait anymore!

Go for it: I too got tired of waiting for Software Update so I went ahead and used the download on my 1.8. No heavy use so far, but everything seems to be working as advertised.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    I installed it on my dual G5. The new build is 6S90. So far so good.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

I installed it on my dual G5. The new build is 6S90. So far so good.

Any speed improvements or anything? (Just want to see whether it's worth my while to install it)
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Feels the same to me. I was mostly interested in the security patches for OpenSSL.

I hadn't experience any issues before the update and I haven't run in to any after either.