[Nelson]Hhhaaahaaaaaaah[/Nelson]

-Iowa Alum

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
  • Reply 2 of 12
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Apparently nobody gets it:

IOWA beat Michigan on Saturday. Iowa was not supposed to have nearly as good as team as it did last year due to key players lost at graduation, but they won anyway.

Frankly I was amazed at the time and thought it pretty humorous.

• Reply 3 of 12
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
    Kickaha and Amorph couldn't moderate themselves out of a paper bag. Abdicate responsibility and succumb to idiocy. Two years of letting a member make personal attacks against others, then stepping aside when someone won't put up with it. Not only that but go ahead and shut down my posting priviledges but not the one making the attacks. Not even the common decency to abide by their warning (afer three days of absorbing personal attacks with no mods in sight), just shut my posting down and then say it might happen later if a certian line is crossed. Bullshit flag is flying, I won't abide by lying and coddling of liars who go off-site, create accounts differing in a single letter from my handle with the express purpose to decieve and then claim here that I did it. Everyone be warned, kim kap sol is a lying, deceitful poster.

Now I guess they should have banned me rather than just shut off posting priviledges, because kickaha and Amorph definitely aren't going to like being called to task when they thought they had it all ignored *cough* *cough* I mean under control. Just a couple o' tools.

Don't worry, as soon as my work resetting my posts is done I'll disappear forever.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    Yah no kidding, how about Minnesota too eh? Scary things are afoot. The Cubs and with any luck Red Sox have shot to make the Series; Iowa and Minnesota both ranked during the same season. I swear the end is near!
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Quote:

Iowa was not supposed to have nearly as good as team as it did last year due to key players lost at graduation, but they won anyway.

Iowa isn't nearly as good as they were last year. Last year's team would never have lost to a sorry ass team like Sparty; the same Sparty that got pimpslapped by LA Tech a few weeks ago. Last year's Iowa team spanked Michigan at Michigan by 25 whereas this one won at Iowa by 3. This year's Iowa team got outgained by 150 yards at home despite playing a MI team that dropped passes, had stupid penalties, went into an offensive play calling shell in the second half, and played with a short field because they have the most atrocious special teams I have ever seen. Iowa will lose to the bucknuts. But Iowa still may go 9-3 or so though inspite of being a weaker team last year. Citrus Bowl is in their future against maybe Auburn/TN/GA/LSU.

Quote:

Too bad Floyd is going north this year!

No it isn't. MN is the most overrated team in college football. Your schedule so far reads Tulsa, Troy State, Ohio, Louisiana-Lafayette, Penn State, and Northwestern. Penn State is the only one of those programs that even has a pulse and PSU is 2-4 and soon to be 2-7 after they get hit upside the head by IA, OSU, and Purdue. MN is really lucky too, their two Big Ten skips are Purdue and Ohio State, both of whom would beat MN. Minnesota is not a bad team, don't get my wrong, they deserve to go to the Alamo Bowl or some shit like that but their record and ranking are not proportionate to how good they are. The wonders of a soft schedule can do that for you. Iowa will beat Minnesota.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    I got it, but I'm a Wolverine fan so I chose not to respond to the thread in my post-game blind rage.

Good game, and Michigan was really outcoached after the first quarter. Iowa brought an excellent game for the second year in a row and deserved this win. Congrats.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Hehheh.

Yeah this new coach they've got has made all the difference the last couple years. Seems he might actually know how to recruit / motivate his kids. Fry was a legend in respects, but his offensive play calling blew and he always got the leftover recruits from Texas (his home state). Ironic that the best player I ever saw play there came right from Iowa City -- Tim Dwight. He was amazing.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Oh ok, I get it now. I'm not into sports so I thought you were just drunk or something.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    Oh man, this thread is killing me, but I've got no leg to stand on and talk smack!

Jeff
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Hey you've had the hoops title in Iowa wrapped for a while now, so I feel no pity for you, lowly Cyclone!

• Reply 11 of 12
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

Hey you've had the hoops title in Iowa wrapped for a while now, so I feel no pity for you, lowly Cyclone!

I appreciate that reminder, but the last images in my mind of the ISU basketball program are the pictures in the Register involving a certain mock-turtleneck wearing dofus chugging Natural Light!

Jeff
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Mmmm. Natural Light. Good stuff. The stuff makeshift dorm fortresses are made of. I remember one guy in my hall used to buy two cases of Busch Light bottles every Thursday... and he'd just stack the empty (thick cardboard) cases up around his room until it started looking like a fortress. People in Ames aren't the only one's with structural ingenuity!

Why, just look at our laser research facility. It's almost as ugly as Illinois' basketball arena, also known as "the mothership".