Remember Glider? It's back. As Freeware.

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Ah, do you remember Glider? I used to play it. Hell, I even remember Hellcat! Glider Pro now works under Mac OS X and is free.

Get it here.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Oh man.

I remember playing this baby back when it was black and white, version 2 in 1989 if I recall. What fun!

But wow! What an ugly game in Mac OS X. It's definitely just a straight port. No frills. No additions. No pretty graphics or interface.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    But hey, the memories alone are worth it all!
  • Reply 3 of 7
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Too bad it is missing the HOUSE EDITOR.

This would make a cool revisit to a game, maybe in 3d.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Too bad it is missing the HOUSE EDITOR.

This would make a cool revisit to a game, maybe in 3d.

Screw you for that blasphemous 3D comment.

I hope the game is revisited in up-to-date 2D graphics, with transparency effects, particle effects, parallax scrolling...maybe using Quartz or OpenGL.

But I'd never want a 3D version of Glider...it wouldn't be Glider if it was 3D.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Downloaded this a while ago from Calhoun's Page. Extra houses there for anyone who's interested. Fun stuff.

Also, he's got cool new T's:

• Reply 6 of 7
    Hey guys... if you want the house editor you can get it in the new Macworld october edition... but you have to find the one that is printed in England... most Barnes & Noble's have it. the front has a big spread on Photoshop 8.0, with a picture of an eye. Yea aren't the memories just great from this game!!!
  • Reply 7 of 7
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    he also has it on his website, but it's for OS 9 only.