iCal 1.5.1 and iSync 1.2.1 available

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Just an FYI amidst all the Panther hoopla...

What?s New in iCal 1.5.1

iCal 1.5.1 is easier and faster to use with its enhanced Info Drawer, To Do alarms and notes, more keyboard shortcuts, ability to publish or subscribe to calendars on servers located behind a firewall, improved alarms, support for events in multiple time zones, as well as other stability and performance improvements.

Synchronizing iCal 1.5.1

To synchronize your iCal information with mobile phones, PDAs, iPods or other Macs, iCal 1.5.1 requires iSync 1.2.1. iCal 1.5.1 and iSync 1.2.1 are required in every Mac that is being synchronized. Install iCal 1.5.1 before iSync 1.2.1.

What?s new in iSync 1.2.1

iSync 1.2.1 now has calendar synchronization for the Sony Ericsson P800, Nokia 3650 and Nokia 7650 smart phones. With these phones iSync also syncs the Address Book picture to the contact info, so you can see a picture of the caller when the phone rings. In addition, iSync now supports two new Bluetooth phones from Sony Ericsson, the T616 and the Z600. Finally, .Mac users who sync their bookmarks can now view, edit and use them from any browser by visiting bookmarks.mac.com.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    I admit it's a small thing and it's got nothing to do with the update to iCal, but the link to the NJ Devils schedule is broke. The correct link is "webcal://ical.mac.com/ical/Devils.ics".
  • Reply 2 of 10
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    can sync ok, but can't view my calendar on my p800 -- comes up with an error everytime and won't load it...

arse
  • Reply 3 of 10
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chopper3

I admit it's a small thing and it's got nothing to do with the update to iCal, but the link to the NJ Devils schedule is broke. The correct link is "webcal://ical.mac.com/ical/Devils.ics".

Believe it or not, you just helped me! Thanks!
  • Reply 4 of 10
    evoevo Posts: 198member
    Stupid stupid stupid...

Open iCal. Maximize the window to fullscreen ('+' widget). Then open the Info drawer ('i' button @ bottom right corner). The stupid thing opens off the screen. What's up with that? What's the average user that doesn't understand window/drawer behavior very well supposed to think? Couldn't have Apple seen this? Have they fixed this problem in Panther? It would make sense for the window to resize so that it can accommodate the drawer fitting on the screen.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Standard drawer behavior. I think it is a conscious decision on Apple's part to tell you the truth. I'm not sure why they allow the zoom widget to expand the widow to the full screen (OK, minus the Dock and menubar) instead of trying to fit the content. I guess it's hard totell how to do that with the calendar events with long names. It's a question of how and where to cut off content if you have a drawer that pushes the window in when it's full screen. Maybe it should be a sidebar in that case.

Anyway, I for one think iCal has undergone some nice improvements, but I'm glad they didn't try to pass it off as version 2.

OK, now iPhoto gets an update, right?
  • Reply 6 of 10
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    I'm definitely a fan of the new drawer on iCal, it's so much better than the window.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    The 'drawer' with info should fit in under the 'To Do' items. Keep it all in the frame.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    Some seriously weird iCal behaviour here.

Dragging its main window around the screen ? normally a trivial, silky smooth task even on this 500 MHz iMac ? feels as slow as resizing the window.

I call shenanigans.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    frank_tfrank_t Posts: 428member
    Quote:

Originally posted by eVo

Stupid stupid stupid...

Open iCal. Maximize the window to fullscreen ('+' widget). Then open the Info drawer ('i' button @ bottom right corner). The stupid thing opens off the screen. What's up with that? What's the average user that doesn't understand window/drawer behavior very well supposed to think? Couldn't have Apple seen this? Have they fixed this problem in Panther? It would make sense for the window to resize so that it can accommodate the drawer fitting on the screen.

Panther does fix this issue....talked to a friend that has a beta...doesn't go off screen anymore.

Frank_t
  • Reply 10 of 10
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    The drawer going off the window is annoying but even more annoying is how the mini month bar on the lower left "snaps" now. Window moves around smoothly, though I have Quartz Extreme and G4.