Screwed with Panther Upgrade

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I just got off the phone with Apple concerning the $19.95 upgrade price for OS 10.3 and they told me that my new purchase (which I still have not received from shipping) does not qualify for the reduced price. If I want Panther I will have to pay $129.00 like everyone else.

In order to receive the lower price I would have to cancel my order of the Powerbook and order a new one, thus making me wait another 2 weeks because it is build to order.

This is really outrageous!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    In exacly the same position. My 15incher, which was supposed to be here yesterday but isn't even built yet, does not qualify for the upgrade.

Why does £1400 spent on a 1.6 G5 system qualify but £2000 on a new powerbook not? I would't have minded so much if I had actually received my powerbook by now, but given it isn't even near shipping yet...

I am pissed off. Where do we complain???
  • Reply 2 of 4
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    This happens every time, and there are numerous threads with people warning others that they shouldn't order a new Mac before Panther's release date is announced if they want to be sure that they get Panther for free.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,431member
    The question you must answer is. "Are you willing to wait another 2 weeks and save $129"

No one here can help you other than offer advice. Good luck
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Going to keep this in one thread... the on that's in the right forum

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=31761