Now Panther is "out"...thinking about new hardware purchase

in General Discussion edited January 2014
Major hardware upgrade cycle for me happens every 18-22 months

October is the 18th month that I have used my Dual GHz SlowSilver?.

I didn't even think of getting G5 in the last few months was because I don't want to pay full price for Panther.

But now Panther is announced and will be available to G5 buyers for the cost of shipping....

Now maybe I should start "thinking about" doing the major hardware upgrade.

Currently I am thinking of two options:

1) Stick with my SlowSilver? and wait for the new iBook/or mini-me PB

2) Sell my SlowSilver? and use the money to compensate part of the DUAL 2GHz G5 purchase

In general the money required for either option is pretty much the same......except when you are going to upgrade RAM and replace all HDs for the Dual G5....RAM+SATA (I can't carry over all my existing RAM and HDs to the G5 which is a huge bummer)

So......what do you think?


  • Reply 1 of 3
    Oh, c'mon, m'boy. You know for all that 3D goodness you'd just love to harness the power of the new tower.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    ryaxnbryaxnb Posts: 583member
    Rock it with the G5!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Oh...forgot to tell

    Cash flow <---- It's totally depending on whether the project I am bidding on will come to reality or not
Sign In or Register to comment.