Mac gaming on a Pismo?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Okay, here's my situation. I'm currently using a 500MHz G3 Pismo (1 Gig of RAM and 8MB of VRAM) for my travel laptop. Right now, I really only use it for word processing, Web browsing, e-mail, and some Photoshop work when I'm on the road. I do a lot of business-related travel.

I plan to upgrade to Panther next month, but I don't think that will alter the answers to my questions (at least I don't think so).

When I'm home I like to kill time with my XBox or my old PSOne, but I've never really thought of using my Pismo as a gaming machine ... until now. Now that I'm traveling so much, I'd like to be able to play a few games when I'm not doing anything in my hotel room.

Since the Pismo is limited to the old 8MB graphics card, what "relatively" recent games might you suggest? On my XBox I play action/adventure, role playing, shooters, and simulations.

Will games like The Sims (and the expansion packs) or the original Aliens vs. Predator work on the Pismo?

Also, please don't say stuff like, get a new computer. I may be lucky enough to get my employer to pay for business travel, but I don't make a ton of money, I have to help my wife pay off school loans, and I just bought my first house (so I'm not buying a new PowerBook for at least two more years).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I use Quake 3, Elite force, GLTron, and starcraft. Newer games need higher requirments.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Marathon rules on a Pismo. \
  • Reply 3 of 3
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Oh, Marathon Infinity was so cool. I made my own sprites and maps. One map was huge and, well I forget where all the secret hidden places are.