Apple to launch iTunes for Windows

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Article over at CNET.Click Here.

Quote:

The Mac maker has scheduled an event for next Thursday at San Francisco's Moscone West convention hall. "The year's biggest music story is about to get even bigger," Apple said in an invitation to journalists.

The company is expected to launch the long-awaited Windows version of the iTunes Music Store at the event, according to Wall Street brokerage Needham. Apple earlier said it would release the Windows service sometime before the end of the year.

Just passing this along.

ART JeRK

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Great catch. Maccentral was invited, too.

Quote:

MacCentral has received an invitation to a special Apple event scheduled for October 16th, presumably for the rollout of the long-awaited iTunes for Windows.

....The invitation itself features a silhouetted figure on a colored background holding an iPod -- an image that's becoming ubiquitous in Apple's multimedia campaign to build brand awareness around its enormously popular digital music player.

• Reply 2 of 5
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    It's a shame Apple wasn't able to role out the Windows version with the Mac version. I'm sure they will make it as slick as the Mac version within the limits of a PC, but they may have lost some steam. Oh well.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I hope it's free I will link all my friends to it!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Yeah who wants to bet that Windows iTunes gets something like 50 million downloads in a couple days. All PC users are Mac wannabes, and this gives them the perfect opportunity to live like Mac users.

I feel sorry for those coders over at Apple. I picture bleary-eyed fat guys with IVs for nutrition, pounding away at their Windows machines while Steve yells at them over the speakerphone.

I'm looking forward to new stuff for Mac users at this meeting, too: new iPod peripherals (microphone?), new version of Mac iTunes, more songs in the iTMS, what else?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Quote:

I'm looking forward to new stuff for Mac users at this meeting, too: new iPod peripherals (microphone?), new version of Mac iTunes, more songs in the iTMS, what else?

400,000 songs and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts.