How to buy Panther online for export?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I seem to have a problem. Nay, I do have one hell of a problem. I am located in Russia and I want to buy Panther. Looks so simple, but...

Online AppleStores all over the globe ship only within their respective country. MacMall and some others which offer decent prices accept only wire transfers for international orders. Amazon doesn't export any software. And, of course, there is no Apple or Amazon in Russia.

Anybody here living in Eastern Europe? Do you know a proven way to buy Mac OS boxes online with a credit card? <scream> Please, help me! </scream>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Okay, I can't read Russian, but according to this page (is this the site for Apple Russia???), it's a listing of where to buy Mac stuff in Russia. I guess this might help? Or do you have to buy it online?

http://www.apple.ru/where2buy/
  • Reply 2 of 2
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Thank you, MCQ. That web page indeed lists companies selling Mac stuff. The only problem is that none of them can tell when they get first Panther boxes. In my experience, it's no less than a month. And then, <drumroll /> you have salesmen staring at you like at a unique specimen, an exponent of unheard-of madness. Because all normal people will have already been using Panther (downloaded from Hotline) for a couple of months. In my country it is normal to steal everything that costs money, and to buy software available on Hotline is considered schizoid behaviour.

To be honest, this is not a first time when I feel forced to pirate software. Because even though I want to buy it, nobody is willing or able to sell it to me. Apple, Amazon and many others reject me as a customer despite I have a valid credit card.

WTF?