Dell copies Apple again (sigh)...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I was checking out Dell's new site design (which sucks- but its much better than before) and noticed that all of the pictures on the desktops of the computers are a rip-off of apples "Aqua" desktop image.

Check it out- its on the front page even.

Hell

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    I don't believe this is new. Dell and even M$ have been using desktops similar to Apple. You know why? A good possibility is that the ad agencies that produce this stuff for the aforementioned use Macs. In the past M$ has had desktop photos in brochures that were actually Apple ones!
  • Reply 2 of 10
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    HAHAHAHA. Apple rules. They just wish they could be as cool. But it's never gonna happen.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Hey tacojohn I was on your site and i was wondering how you did that time lapse movie with your computer? That was very cool!
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Hey tacojohn I was on your site and i was wondering how you did that time lapse movie with your computer? That was very cool!

I used EVOcam and my iSight. Took a picture every 2 minutes and then it automatically makes a quicktime movie of the whole thing!
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by tacojohn

I was checking out Dell's new site design (which sucks- but its much better than before) and noticed that all of the pictures on the desktops of the computers are a rip-off of apples "Aqua" desktop image.

Check it out- its on the front page even.

Hell

I don't see the resemblence.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    It's actually worse than before

Take a look

That page is wider than my screen! 1280px! What in the hell?! "Please scroll to the right for more systems." LOL! It's even worse that text isn't tagged to fit the size of the window, so if you have a small window/monitor, it gets cut off...

... "Please fire your web designer."

"Please buy a second monitor here to see more systems."
  • Reply 7 of 10
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Look at the monitor on their website, it is indeed a knockoff. However it is a knockoff of OS 9's background. On their agenda they are going to catch up with Jaguar's background next year!
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Just for fun I priced out a Dell System with realistic components (i.e. matching the ones Apple has in it's configs)

First of all, the Dell store is really deep. I guess they value the fact that they're stuff is very customizable. But the fact that they advertise a computer for $1500 that really costs $3000 is kind of bogus. And it has neither bluetooth or 802.11g, nor a tasty ATI Radeon Mobility.

A bit of an aside, but perhaps I'm a bit mystified on the whole "macs are so expensive" thing. Not for notebooks, that's for sure. The Powerbook is a steal.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    The only reason I'd ever use a Dell is to induce vomiting after accidently ingesting cyanide or something.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

The only reason I'd ever use a Dell is to induce vomiting after accidently ingesting cyanide or something.

True dat.

If you want to really bash windows check out on the articles today on slashdot about "Not being alternatives to windows".

I just posted a bitch fest 2000 about windows over there.