Woo, new iPod! (And MM problem....)

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi all,

Just splashed out on my first bit of Apple hardware - 40GB iPod... However, I've got one small problem...

I use a PC. Yes, I'm sure there's quite a bit of boo-hiss-ing about that, but it does the job most of the time... (My next laptop will probably be a Mac though, if they sort the battery lives out...) As such, I'm using MusicMatch to link to the ipod. The version which came on the CD is 7.5 - however 8.1 is out. As far as I can see, it isn't possible to upgrade to 8.1? I know iTunes for PC should be coming out soon, but as I use the latest free version of MM usually it'd be nice to have the latest paid version, instead of an older version...

Thanks,

Mike Peel

http://www.scifiminds.net/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    As far as I know, musicmatch modified a special version of their jukebox software for the ipod. You will not be able to update it to the latest 'regular' release.

That said, all evidence points to this now being moot because Apple seems only days away from releasing iTunes for Windows.

It should be in your hands by the time you can say 'gosh, this musicmatch software really sucks'.

Enjoy!

R.

• Reply 2 of 3
    The version I have now does, although 8.0 didn't seem that bad. Will wait and see how I get on with Windows iTunes if it arrives, I guess.

Thanks.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mike Peel

Hi all,

Just splashed out on my first bit of Apple hardware - 40GB iPod... However, I've got one small problem...

I use a PC. Yes, I'm sure there's quite a bit of boo-hiss-ing about that, but it does the job most of the time... (My next laptop will probably be a Mac though, if they sort the battery lives out...) As such, I'm using MusicMatch to link to the ipod. The version which came on the CD is 7.5 - however 8.1 is out. As far as I can see, it isn't possible to upgrade to 8.1? I know iTunes for PC should be coming out soon, but as I use the latest free version of MM usually it'd be nice to have the latest paid version, instead of an older version...

Thanks,

Mike Peel

http://www.scifiminds.net/

Mike,

I know it'll be tough, but try to wait for the 16th and the rumoured iTunes for Windows announcement .

Dave.