CD Eject Button on Quicksilver:

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I have a Quicksilver G4 (no eject button on front) and I use an older Mac USB keyboard, which has NO eject button. I broke my "Pro" keyboard...

I can't open my drive! There is no way to get the drive open, even with a paperclip!

Question; How can I open the drive bay on my G4? I assume I can write an Applescript and bing the script to a Fkey to open the drive?

Help!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    if all else fails, there is a plastic cover that apple puts over the front of the drives that they use. that's why there's no hole you can see. if you take off that plastic cover, you can get to the hole for the drive.

i would say that a script would probably be your best bet though. good luck.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    There is a file in Hard Drive:Applications(Mac OS 9):Apple Extras:Eject Extras: called Eject. You can link it to a function key and it will eject your drive.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Thanks guys! You rock!

;0)
  • Reply 4 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by dstranathan:

<strong>Thanks guys! You rock!

;0)</strong><hr></blockquote>

No problem.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
    Oh, if you use OS X you could just push F12 and that usually ejects the drive as well...
  • Reply 6 of 8
    adam11adam11 Posts: 163member
    Would you believe that they just fixed that in 10.1.2 ! What timeing.

cheers

adam
  • Reply 7 of 8
    sebseb Posts: 676member
    Also, if you hold down the mouse button while starting up the CD/DVD tray will open.

Not that you would want to restart everytime you want to open your CD tray but.....
  • Reply 8 of 8
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    USE A SHOVEL