Damn dirty keyboard...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have a Graphite iMac G3 700 and after two years + of use its time to clean the undercasing of the keyboard. I smoke so there are a lot of ashes and tobacco I can see through the clear casing. Plus the usual dust acumilation.

But it seems to be fastened with the tiniest of hex screws I've ever seen. I'm cheap, po' and I need a cost effective DIY solution. Do I have one? Do I need to buy a tiny hex wrench (where?)? Or shell out for a mini vac...which don't seem to me will be effective.

Any advice would be appreciated...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Directions for disassembling your Keyboard. All DIY.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    After reading that I think we should start a fund raiser to buy you a new keyboard. No one needs that much work... I'd chip in a couple of bucks
  • Reply 3 of 4
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Zarathustra

After reading that I think we should start a fund raiser to buy you a new keyboard. No one needs that much work... I'd chip in a couple of bucks

Thanks Zarathustra. But Apple does make some durible shit. I should quit smoking, I think... Though its small and cramped to some, I like this keyboard. Anything's better than the crappy Ficher Price keyboards on PCs.

Thanks Defiant for the link...that'll work!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    besides, if you skip two packs of cigarettes you can afford the torx tools you'll need to take apart your keyboard.