Best T-Mobile Cell Phone for Mac Companion

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Any advice on which CP will best compliment my 12" PB? I've settled on T-mobile as my new provider, unless someone makes an argument for AT&T, since Sprint is out the window. I have Sprint now and there is no signal in my corporate building (I've confirmed that AT&T and T-Mobile both work fine).

I've obviously been looking at the SE T610, but also considering the Nokia 3650 or even a Sidekick...Perhaps even wait a few weeks (and spend serious $) on a Treo 600...

I would like something that provides e-mail (corporate!) access on the road and robust web-browsing (either speedy and complete WAP, or better yet decent true web). Battery life is also important. Bells and whistles (Camera, games etc.) are nice but not critical.

So far, the T610 is the sexiest, but I hear the battery life isn't great, the camera stinks, and the reception is so-so.

The Nokia has a larger form factor (which I don't really care for), but has better picture resolution, and runs the widely adaptable Symbian OS. TechTV (Leo and friends) is really high on this one.

Both the above are Bluetooth, so my hope is that if the 'built in' e-mail/web experience sucks, I can use them as BT modems and get online anywhere with my PB (That would be Sweet!). Is the performance acceptable for basic web browsing etc.?

Lastly, there is the Treo 600, which sacrifices BT (for now), but may offer IN-PHONE e-mail and web performance, which would be convenient. The sidekick is a lesser expensive, but similar alternative with some nice fun bells and whistles...

Help please! Anyone with experience with any of the above (or a suggestion I haven't thought of) please respond. THANKS!

Lastly, I would stick with Sprint (and sacrifice the ability to be able to recieve calls while in the building) IF, and ONLY IF, there is a phone/e-mail/web exerience (speed etc.) far superior to the others.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    sport73sport73 Posts: 438member
    PS> Can any of the above sync with Outlook 2001 running in Classic? Or is there a work-around? It's currently my best option for corporate mail/scheduling.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    macflymacfly Posts: 256member
    have you considered the p800? i have been using one for about 5 months and it is truly excellent. and now that isync finally syncs calender and to do info it will do about all that you need.

the only crappy thing is the SE doesnt have any software for archiving info that is not covered in isync( such as pictures-other than address book-, videos, sound files...)

but you can do all the things you want plus. there are rumors of a p900 coming soon so you might want to wait a few months.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    with 10.2.8 the nokia 3650 now syncs iCal, which is nice. we have t-mobile and our only problem with service has been in west central illinois (peoria) other than that it's been a great phone.

a/i member supergrover turned me on to it, and i'm forever grateful, as i was going comparison crazy at the time. but i've no complaints with it.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    get the T610 for free from Amazon. It's a great phone, and the RF can't be as bad as the T68i which I am using right now. I use my phone to hook up to the net through my 15" AlBook all the time. I love it. Definitely the T610. I don't know what is coming out anytime soon.