Tablot users?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I recently started using a Wacom tablot almost fulltime and prefer using the stylus over a mouse. Anyone else use a tablot for design or even general use?

Granted, I expect more will be using pen input in a couple of days, but I'm talking pre-MacWorld here...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    logan calelogan cale Posts: 1,281member
    I find tablets harder to control than keyboards and mice.

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: MacAgent ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I used a Wacom for an 8 month period, I would say that in my opinion, the mouse that comes with it is useless on such a small area (in the graphire model) I used the regular mouse for mousing, and the pen for drawing. For design, you need a pen. Mouse art can only get to a certain level (after 11 year of doing mouse art, and 1 year of pen tablet, my pen art is ALOT better) Pressure sensativity and the freedom of using a more natural motion allows for alot more versatility in art. Though for doing any 3d-vertex manipulation, I found a mouse the easier way to go.

So use each tool for what it is more suited for, don't kill one for the sake of the other. Pen tablets are great for everything except GUIs that were designed for mice and writing novels.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    After using some advanced pen-based tools and interfaces at UC Berkeley I can't help but get excited by them.

All contextual menus, mice or pen based, should be pie-menus. Pie menus have been recently popularized in The Sims, even though that implementation is flawed from a usability standpoint.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    At work I was subjected to a Microsoft scroll mouse. After about 4 months I was experienceing incredible wrist pain. I tried several other mice with no success at relieving the apparent Repetitive Stress Injury the crappy mouse was inflicting. I had a Wacom Graphire at home so I brought it in. 6 months later my wrist only bothers me when I play too much Dreamcast. For me, the tablet has been an RSI solution.