How much have you spent in the iTunes Music Store? v3

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Well, in a few days Apple will most probably be releasing iTunes for Windows alongside the iTMS for Windows...

Just for historical and personal curiosity purposes. I'd like to get a sense of how many people bought music from the store and who is waiting to do so...

This is a continuation of this thread and this (v2) thread...

please vote before thursday...

I'll make a new thread a week or so after the windows version is announced...

Also please post with an explanation of your choice if you do not use the service or have stopped using it.

I'm a lazy (and cheap) bastard so I have only bought one album... I think I will use it a bit more often now that I am back at school...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I bought four songs within the first week of it being released. After that I haven't gotten anything else because I'm cheap and there's not enough selection. Although I have been contemplating buying Michael Jackson's "Thriller" (just the song, they don't have the full, original album available).

I think I'd still prefer CDs if they weren't so expensive. When I get a CD I know the songs are my own, uncompressed, unrestricted (unless they pull that copy protection crap on you, which hasn't happened to me yet), and a lot of times the songs go well together. It's how they're "supposed" to be. All the albums on the iTMS are compilations (or almost all of them are).
  • Reply 2 of 8
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I am trying to convince my dad and brother to get and share a single credit card for web purchases. Although next to none of my fav artists are on ITMS, I hope to purchase something my the end of this year.

• Reply 3 of 8
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    so 4 people choose not to use it, but only ebby gave his reason...

one more day

• Reply 4 of 8
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    Aw man, I am the only Windows user. LOSER!
  • Reply 5 of 8
    I wanted to buy something just to test the system out, but when I tried to get an apple id there I ran into like 10 different errors (this was in the first few days of the iTMS) and I gave up. Don't know why I never tried it again. Of course, I may be behind the curve as I am still ripping all my CDs to mp3 and that keeps me busy
  • Reply 6 of 8
    majukimajuki Posts: 114member
    I bought one track off of the store to test it out. The sound quality was good, but I'd rather buy the whole CD if I like more than a few songs on the album than purchase it via iTMS.

I like the concept of the iTMS, because it gives people an alternative to file-sharing while not having overly restrictive copy protection.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    I'm one who has access to it but I choose not to use it. The reason is simple: The music that I enjoy tends to be from lesser known metal bands, quite often from outisde of the US.

Maybe with the expected independent increase I'll find some of the stuff that I dig and go hog-wild. Although the loss of the physical package may still be a factor.

\\m/

-sean
  • Reply 8 of 8
    The only things that have stopped me from purchasing a ton more or selection and money. I've been kind of tapped lately and even when I would've broken down and spent some cash they haven't had what I wanted.