Could we have some stickies, please?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Because the please is so empty with so few stickies. Only six or seven now, so I thought I'd let you know that I can still see some things that actually interest me down below, but that's only thanks to the 1024x768 screen resolution. By all means keep at it, and bury everything under copious cartloads of irrelevant sludge. Yippee!

(<- that last one to soften the tone a little. Don't oversoften it though!)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    What is the qualification for a "sticky" thread anyway? Looks like "spectator sports" in here.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    A thread is made sticky (at least in AO) when it gets classified, in closed session, as content for the mentally challenged, suited especially for the scroll disabled.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    The main purpose is to ease the extreme workload on the AO moderators. Saves them having to lock any duplicate threads that may pop up when the "scroll disabled" users fail to see a thread already underway covering the same topic.

• Reply 4 of 5
    "HEY GANG! DID YOU HEAR ABOUT VIRGINIA TECH'S NEW SUPER COMPUTER?!?!"
  • Reply 5 of 5
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Saves them having to lock any duplicate threads that may pop up when the "scroll disabled" users fail to see a thread already underway covering the same topic.

I see your point, and I'm aware that stickies are very useful in the OS X forum. Here, however, it feels like you're encouraging the ones most likely to not have figured out the rightful place of their arrows and/or scroll wheel, the puddingbrains.