iTuens and AOL

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Wow, a good day just got better for Apple. iTunes is going to be the new AOL music app, and Apple will handle everything through the music store. AOL members can simply enter their id to purchase music. Between this and the windows version, wow. And maybe that Pepsi thing is true too?

Predictions on success?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    mods, will you fix the spelling in the thread title? DOH!
  • Reply 2 of 12
    Nah, I think it's cute. iTuens for life!

But, yeah, fantastic news! An iTunes buttons next to every song or album on AOL's music site. Double wow.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    jamiljamil Posts: 210member
    This deal just kicked musicmatch and raphsodys butt. 25 mill instant customers.

life couldn't get any sweeter.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    wow, wow, wow...

i know i'm just parroting, but the news coming out is amazing. 100 MILLION FREAKIN FREE SONGS MAN!!! Oh, oh, oh, this is a bold move by Apple, like we have all been waiting for. Kicks off with superbowl...

Holy Bat Tunes, Robin!!! This is huge. AOL, Pepsi, the Superbowl...
  • Reply 5 of 12
    If you're very quiet and listen very carefully - you can just hear something?

What is it?

Sounds like the wind of change to me

So, Grateful Dead, Eagles, and - at long last - the wrinkly princes of darkness, Messr. Jagger, Richards et al.

Bet the Beatles are beginning to wish they could take back their petty little lawsuit - or maybe they're better off clinging to the past.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mark- Card Carrying FanaticRealist

Sounds like the wind of change to me

"Take me

to the magic of the moment

On a glory night

Where the children of tomorrow

dream away..."

• Reply 7 of 12
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    And I was right: Jobs announced the indies.

Between the iPod, the non-WMP format, the deal with AOL and the deal with Pepsi, the deal with Audible, the independent music... damn. And iTunes will be the only app that can do cross-platform playlist sharing over Rendezvous.

The "bookmark" feature for books rocks on toast.

Damn. The new Apple can execute.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

"Take me

to the magic of the moment

On a glory night

Where the children of tomorrow

dream away..."

I prefer the Bee Gees song of the same name; I could never get into the Scorpions myself - I just don't work well with all that Spandex and tight perms.

Actually my reference was more in homage to a line in Monsters Inc., but whatever floats your boat.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    I am sharing playlists right now between my desktop PC and my Apple laptop wirelessly. This is incredible stuff. Long live apple!

Edit:

Any idea how this will shake down with AOL, i thought they had an agreement with Real Networks?
  • Reply 10 of 12
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Using iTunes for Windows here at work. Very nice implementation. Apple shows just how cruddy most Wintel app development is. Logged into the Music Store and there were all my items in the shopping cart. (Tee hee)

Screed
  • Reply 11 of 12
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Oh, yeah...

The PCs on the School network are starting to roll on in!

Pretty soon I'll have access to every song I could care to listen to... and many more. This is turning into a better day than I thought it would be when I rolled out of bed this morning.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    jamiljamil Posts: 210member
    damn it damn it damn it damn it....

can't get on the itunes store through this stupid corporate proxy...

keep getting an unknown error (407) in itunes.