your first itunes download? song or album

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
from itunes music store

my first song: bulls on parade-rage against the machine

my first album: long time coming-jonny lang

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    My first ITMS song? none. I will never ever use it. Overpriced. I can get albums much cheaper elsewhere.
  • Reply 2 of 20
    machemmachem Posts: 319member
    American IV, Johnny Cash.
  • Reply 3 of 20
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    Quote:

Originally posted by machem

American IV, Johnny Cash.

heh. that was my very first purchase on April 28
  • Reply 4 of 20
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac Write

My first ITMS song? none. I will never ever use it. Overpriced. I can get albums much cheaper elsewhere.

1. it's not overpriced

2. where can you get them cheaper?

Quote:

my first album: long time coming-jonny lang

good choice, i hope you have his previous two albums. I'm going to see him for the 2nd time November 1 at The Warfield.
  • Reply 5 of 20
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Since the first thing I bought was a complete album, the first song could be any of the songs on that album.

Beck's Sea Change.
  • Reply 6 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

1. it's not overpriced

2. where can you get them cheaper?

At the local A&B Sound or Futureshop. I get CD's cheaper and in higher quality then iTMS. AAC is not remotely CD quality and I can tell the difference.
  • Reply 7 of 20
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

At the local A&B Sound or Futureshop. I get CD's cheaper and in higher quality then iTMS. AAC is not remotely CD quality and I can tell the difference.

how cheap?

also, look at the competition, look at other online services, look at retail(tower, sam goody, walmart, barnes and noble, target, best buy, etc)....all more money.

just because you may have found an exception does not make iTMS overpriced.

perhaps more money....but not overpriced. there is a difference.
  • Reply 8 of 20
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Quote:

you are part of small minority who get their music cheaper than iTunes would, and part of a small minority who can notice the difference between AAC and CD...good ears. Some people CAN tell the difference, but most people can't, so AAC., and even MP3 are good enough for them, including me!
  • Reply 9 of 20
    Quote:

Dude, you're in Canada anyway. You couldn't use it if you wanted to. Sounds to me like some rationalization.
  • Reply 10 of 20
    My first purchase was also an album: The Downward Spiral, by Nine Inch Nails. Oddly, this also resulted in the first and only glitch I've had with the store. The track for "Hurt" had a skip in it (it was even in the preview!) and Apple had to refund my money for the whole album.

I downloaded a 256k mp3 of Hurt off Acquisition, and i was back to having the whole album.
  • Reply 11 of 20
    donnydonny Posts: 231member
    So what frequency detection equipment you using to tell the difference? It is beyond human detection, and so we know it cannot be your ears...

Matter of fact....due to how CD recordings are processed until just recently, the ACC format will often be better than most previously CD recording (or creation). Just curious...
  • Reply 12 of 20
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Oleander - Your's if you like
  • Reply 13 of 20
    marklmarkl Posts: 57member
    Just noticed that iTMS has sold 1 million songs. Not bad for three days.

And a million downloads of wInTunes.

What a start.
  • Reply 14 of 20
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    first album - Eminem : The Eminem Show

first song - Alice In Chains : Get Born Again
  • Reply 15 of 20
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

You can't even buy music on the iTMS, so why bother with the trolling?
  • Reply 16 of 20
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    I've been signed up and ready to go for a while and yet they just don't have anything that I want . . . nothing of the truly obscure

And when tehy did finally get something I wanted . . . by that time I had allready gotten it elsewhere
  • Reply 17 of 20
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I first bought two versions of "Layla" by Eric Clapton and two songs by Simon And Garfunkel (The Boxer and Sounds Of Silence). That was within a week or two of the music store coming out.

Just yesterday I bought six more songs - one by Ra, two by Mudvayne, and three by Godsmack.

I was thinking of getting some of the new stuff - Eddie Murphy's comedy routines are hilarious! But the problem is that I already have the audio from "Raw," and from the previews it seems like he uses a lot of the same jokes so I think I'll just look for Delirious instead.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I'm going to look for some Rage Against The Machine when I get back home today.
  • Reply 18 of 20
    my question is when i get my mac wil i be able to transfer these songs from my pc?

you'll laugh but i also bought the album abba-gold (yes i like abba lol) and i now have over 50 songs and i hope i wont loose them after i transfer them.
  • Reply 19 of 20
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    You can transfer them - just make sure you authorize your PC to play them. Your songs can be authorized on up to three computers so yes, you can put them on both your Mac and your PC and have them work.