PowerBook 17" can't find Airport networks!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Help! My 17" can't find any wireless networks! I was using it with a Netgear wireless router, when all of a sudden I lose the signal. I reboot both (router and Mac), and since then Airport just doesn't work anymore!

I also tried with an Apple Airport Base Station (first model, Graphite), that I'm sure works fine, yet the PB can't find it either

I tried looking around Apple's support site, but found nothing...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    regreg Posts: 832member
    Sounds like your airport antenna has come unplugged. http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=26268 This is the page you need to get your info on how to get into your pb.

reg
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Thanks for the link, but that PDF mentions nothing about the Airport card or the antenna Only RAM...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    regreg Posts: 832member
    Sorry about that. That was the link that the apple support sent me to. Have you checked to make sure that the airport is turned on in Internet Connect? If it is turned off then you will not see any signal from any base station no matter how strong the signal is.

reg
  • Reply 4 of 4
    It really seems just a disconnected antenna, since from the software point of view, the card is fully recognised and diagnosed as OK. The only weird thing I saw was this, taken from the System Profiler:

Wireless Card TypetAirPort Extreme

Wireless Card LocaletUSA

Wireless Card Firmware Versiont3.1.2b3 (3.30.15.p3)

Current Wireless Networktwireless network not available

"b3"? That's in Panther 7B85. Anybody out there with the GM could please post the contents of the "AirPort Card" bit in their System Profiler (provided they have an Airport card, of course)? Thanks!