holy crap that's ugly!
  • Reply 3 of 34
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    AARRGGH!! MY EYES!

That is a sin.
  • Reply 4 of 34
    Maybe it's to help repell Apple legal.
  • Reply 5 of 34
    Good God! Scrolling through that page could cause seizures. That is truly appalling.
  • Reply 6 of 34
    I will add my vote... Eek! My eyes hurt!
  • Reply 7 of 34
    I like it. There's nothing like crossing the eyes of your readers to remove attention from your (sometimes) terrible writing.
  • Reply 8 of 34
    It would make a pretty nice border I think(as evidence in the space between the ads and the content)but as a background it is horrible.
  • Reply 9 of 34
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bauman

AARRGGH!! MY EYES!

That is a sin.

my feelings exactly...

it was fine before, just fine

well, this is what we call "progress "in the business,,,of life,,,oh yeah
  • Reply 10 of 34
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I sent them an email and within a couple minutes I got a response - just change the background color in the sidebar. It turns out there's a small area on the right side that lets you change the background to one of many shades of "G5 Holes" or you can go solid black or gray, and it remembers between visits. So, you may not have noticed it, but it's there. It looks actually pretty good in gray.
  • Reply 11 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

It turns out there's a small area on the right side that lets you change the background to one of many shades of "G5 Holes" or you can go solid black or gray, and it remembers between visits. So, you may not have noticed it, but it's there. It looks actually pretty good in gray.

Hey look, you're right! It goes all the way from shit, to shity, to shittier, and finally shittiest!

It's not just the background though, reading type on a gradient background is just insane, it's a good thing that the sites designer put his name up ... people should be able to avoid using him.
  • Reply 12 of 34
    i couldnt see the option, my eyes were bugging out and i had to fubmle to find the keyboard and hit cmd-w
  • Reply 13 of 34
    ryaxnbryaxnb Posts: 583member
    Ah fooey. I made a thread about this... hours after you did. Someone lock my thread please!
  • Reply 14 of 34
    who designed this crap...
  • Reply 15 of 34
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Ah jeez, it's like they meant well but crashed hard into the ground in a flaming ball of ugly death. Ok, maybe that's a bit harsh, but maybe it's hideous...
  • Reply 16 of 34
    sunreinsunrein Posts: 138member
    *clears throat* Think Sucks. (The 's' is for sucks.)
  • Reply 17 of 34
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Ow.

My eyes actually hurt after loading that page. Literally.

If you're going to do that, turn the contrast way the hell down. Or just don't do it.
  • Reply 18 of 34
    Well if I ever want to trigger a migraine headache, now I know where to point my browser. Wow that's bad. I emailed Mr. "DePlume" and humbly offered my opinions. I'll have to check ot the option to change the color.
  • Reply 19 of 34
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Truly horrid. We should excommunicate the responsible parties in case this is contagious.
  • Reply 20 of 34
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    It's not so bad if it was truly just a background and you could only see small bits of it. But the actual article only covers about 1/3 of the typical size of my browser window, so it's 2/3 cheese grater. Not pleasant.