Old archives (pre-blackout)?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Anyone know where to find the old AI archives, pre-"great blackout of 2001"?

Also, I was interested in seeing how we all felt about the iPod when it was first introduced. Not many of us were on MacNN at the time, AI was down -- anyone know if there are archives of Bad Flamingo? That's where I was, and I know many of us here were also there at the time.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    The server itself was stolen; so, you'll never find full backups. The best you may find are pages that individuals here saved or a few spots on web.archive.org.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

The server itself was stolen; so, you'll never find full backups. The best you may find are pages that individuals here saved or a few spots on web.archive.org.

The old AI cube was stolen, but what about the Bad Flamingo boards? Maybe a-nut knows since he was a mod there, I believe. Too bad the old server was stolen (same thing happened to me). It would have been nice to look back from time to time (like when I predicted the dual USB iBook's form factor before they were released - that was my speculation highlight).
  • Reply 3 of 5
    lixlix Posts: 56member
    stolen?

• Reply 4 of 5
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Anyone know where to find the old AI archives, pre-"great blackout of 2001"?

tonton: All the threads that were on the original G4 Cube-based AI are indeed gone for good. I cry about the loss of the two "2400 dreams" (subnotebook) threads at least once a week. Thankfully, however, the venerable King Chung Huang compiled all the old AI threads he could find on the Internet Archive on one page, which you can find at the following URL:

http://commons.ucalgary.ca/king/appleinsider/

Bless his heart and dedication to AI!

Escher