Please Make .Mac it's own forum.

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Since .Mac is such a big part of apple now, I think it deserves its own Forum. I understand it is software, but it is not in the same category as OS or client side applications.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    .Mac can be conveniently discussed in Digital Hub, and problems with .Mac can be posted in the Genius Bar.

And besides, if anything got it's own forum, it would be iTunes. I really don't see enough threads on .Mac to justify a new forum.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

.Mac can be conveniently discussed in Digital Hub

Surely you mean Software.

Quote:

I really don't see enough threads on .Mac to justify a new forum.

...and that's the kicker. We create forums on an as-needed basis. If we see that there are a number of threads dealing with a specific issue that doesn't fit the current layout, we'll create a new forum for it.

Out of the last 100 topics in Software, only 3 were related to .Mac. This hardly warrants enough to have its own forum.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    geobegeobe Posts: 235member
    If you build it, they will come!!

Hardware, Software, Digital Hub and Webservices.

4 categories that is Apple Computer.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by geobe

If you build it, they will come!!

Actually, the very opposite is true.

Take, for example, that we used to have a Games forum. There were very few threads there, but we kept it anyway. Because it was already such a small forum, it gathered less and less traffic until it reached the point where at least week or longer would go between some activity. It was an embarrassment to itself. There wasn't enough material to entice visitors to load it instead of the other more popular forums. So, it was closed and merged into the Software forum.

A new forum has to have enough regular material for discussion from the start to be self-sufficient. Otherwise, it will wither and die because, contrary to what you say, if you segregate it into a minority group, it will not get as many views as it would with a larger group of discussions.