looking for some sympathy

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
sooooo a week ago someone broke into my car. sucks. i thought they only busted up my car stereo but did not take anything, so i considered myself lucky. today, when looking for my bike, i realized i had it in my car at the time of the break in. of course, the bike is gone. so i am seriously bummed out, and the Cincinnati Police Department could give a rat's ass about a few hundred dollar loss and the gentlemen on the phone was very rude to me. sigh, not my day.

plus, now i can't sell my mountain bike. it was a '98 iguana SE that was stolen (aluminum frame, front shocks mountain bike, worth $200-$300 i'd guess). it came at the worst time, too, because i was going to sell the bike in order to pay the bills. sigh. this is of course not to mention the $150 window they broke and the $150 car stereo. no tunes for me and a duct tape window at least until winter.

sorry to drag my complaints in here, just wanted to vent.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    sorry to hear it. if you need sympaty, you've got mine. i've had my fair share of raw breaks this summer, too.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    doesn't insurance cover it
  • Reply 3 of 12
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Deductible?
  • Reply 4 of 12
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

Originally posted by burningwheel

doesn't insurance cover it

nope, it is an old car so i just carry liability. i actually just dropped the comprehensive a month ago after not needing it for 5 years. so, i'm SOL. sigh.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    i just had brain surgery. i win. i win.

yay.

life is a competition and the one who has dealt with the most shit by the end wins. you guys better start trying cause i got about 10 lifetimes worth of bullshit already.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    May I ask what you had cut out of your brain?
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

May I ask what you had cut out of your brain?

called an AVM. i won't bother to tell what it exactly is, only that it's not supposed to be there and it causes irritation to normal neurological activity. already tried radiation surgery, but that didnt work, so chisel and hammer was the next choice. i can't even drive again until march--if you knew me, you'd be aware that that is like losing a limb. yes, don't ask me for sympathy--my life is crap. but feel free to from everyone else.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    I know AVMs. I get to help blast them with radiation
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Oh, BTW, those ****ers can be nasty. Glad you're still posting.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Where did you get the SRS done? My understanding is that it works well.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

I know AVMs. I get to help blast them with radiation

really? you do gamma knife? it's pretty cool technology--only problem is that it requires so much time to be completely effective...

i had all this done at the houston medical center--quite advanced despite being in such a shithole of a city.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    _alliance wins_. And I'm glad he's here to tell us about it, quite frankly.