iPod and my Audible account - cool!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I just found out last night that I could download my previously purchased audio books from Audible.com into iTunes and onto my iPod. I used to have a Rio600 (64 MB) which would let me get only a few hours of the audio book on it at a time. Not only can I put the entire audio book on my iPod at one time, I can put every CD in my collection, every sound I recorded on my computer of my children, my wedding tape, and all of my Audible.com audio books on it, and it isn't even 1/2 full. Cool!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    iPod discussion belongs in Digital Hub. Moving there now.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I think Audible file support came in iTunes3. I really like Audible and have brought several books through them which I keep on my iPod.

My only suggestion would be if Audible could add something like 'chapters' that the iPod could recognize to audio books. Right now, the iPod remembers where you left off, which is good, but these files are hours long and scrubbing through them to find something is a pain.

I think that Audible's Windows software already does something like this, so the info must already be in the files. Just need a way to get iTunes/iPods to recognize it.