iTunes 4 won't play/import the first song on my CDRs!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
This doesn't happen with every CDR...but it does on most of them. I pop in the CDR with, say, 15 tracks on it. As long as I don't try to play or import the first track, all is well. But if I try to import it, nothing happens...and then I get the dreaded spinning color wheel, and I can't even force quit. I have to hit the restart button. This doesn't happen with regular, store-bought CDs. Anyone know what is going on here?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    It definitely sounds like your CD is damaged somehow.

It could be either scratched, the skin could be flaking off, or the skin may simply be wearing out. A recent study showed that some CDs have a shelf life of less than 2 years now.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    grimsongrimson Posts: 108member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

It definitely sounds like your CD is damaged somehow.

It could be either scratched, the skin could be flaking off, or the skin may simply be wearing out. A recent study showed that some CDs have a shelf life of less than 2 years now.

But this happens with almost every CDR I have...all of them no more than a month or two old, for that matter. We're talking 25-30 different CDRs, same result every time.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    Quote:

Originally posted by grimson

But this happens with almost every CDR I have...all of them no more than a month or two old, for that matter. We're talking 25-30 different CDRs, same result every time.

are all the CDRs from the same batch? there could be a defect that's affecting the start of the disc on them all.

what are you using for the burning? that could be a factor as well.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    grimsongrimson Posts: 108member
    Unfortunately, they aren't from the same batch. In most cases, they are CDs that I burned with a stand-alone cd copier, or got from other people. I tried cds that I burned from iTunes, just to see - and they all work perfectly.