New to iPod, need help

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Alright, this is confusing to me, what do I do. This is kind of a hard problem, so I am putting it here. Anyway. My new 20 gb iPod has been acting up. (I just got it 2 weeks ago, or so) The problem is one, the on-the-go playlist doesn't show up correctly on iTunes. I did upgrade iTunes and the iPod. When the on-the-go playlist shows up, it says on-the-go-playlist 1. It only says on the go playlist 1 on iTunes. On the iPod it has the normal on-the-go playlist, and the on-the-go playlist. Something is messed up on the iPod, I don't know what. Should I just reinstall the iPod 2.1 update somehow? Another thing that makes this confusing is I am actually sharing the iPod with my brother, and he said it was freezing up on him, so he reset the iPod by hitting the play/pause, and menu button at the same time. What exactly does this do to the iPod when you reset it? I guess my main concern is the iPod not showing the on-the-go playlist properly by adding an on-the-go playlist 1 onto the iPod. I need some serious help. I am getting angry that this $400 device isn't working the way it should. Please help me figure this out so I can like the iPod once again. Thanks a ton. You guys/girls have no idea how much I appreciate getting help from this forum. It is great.