New macs and apple retail stores

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
does anyone know if the apple retail stores have the new macs (imac and ibook) ??? question directed mostly at those few people who saw the keynote in the apple stores

gracias

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Watched the keynote this morning at the San Diego Apple store.

No, no new iMac. You heard Steve say "later this month...".

But yes, they did have the 14" iBooks and one of the girls brought one out from the back, opened it up and we all compared it, side-by-side to a 12.1" model. It's about an inch or so larger, each way. Actually, we didn't even boot it up because her manager got kinda miffed that she did that and she had to have permission or some weird thing.

He actually scolded her:

Him: "HEY, what are you DOING?"

Her: "You told me to bring one out to the floor!"

Him: "Yeah, in the box! NOT unpack it! We'll talk later."

Her: "I'm sorry."

WTF? Nobody in that store gives a shit about the "box". This girl was a hero to about 8 of us because she brought one out and opened it up. Besides, she thought she was doing what she was told!

Weird little scene there. I told her "hey, for what it's worth, I would've done the same thing. Someone says 'bring one out to the floor', I would've assumed I'd open it up and show all the customers who were standing around waiting to see it and (gasp) possibly BUY it."

I don't know if they'll get demo iMacs sooner than models-for-sale, but as of 11am PST this morning, they had no iMacs and didn't even seem too clear on when they'd be getting them.

But you can go down and look at a 14" iBook in a box I guess, if you're into that sort of thing.

• Reply 2 of 2
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    the new iMacs are gonna look great in the stores and, i'm sure, will bring lots of people in to look and touch them...the swivel screen is gonna ROCK, and people will love it instantly.....g