Discount on Keynote but not Filemaker

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm just about to okay the purchase of a new iBook for a non-profit organization I work with. They kept their member files in an old Filemaker database (for PC), so I recommended they get a new copy of FM 6.0 with the iBook.

Why can I get a discount on Keynote with the purchase of a new Mac, but no discount on Filemaker? Wouldn't it make sense to bundle both apps for a low price?

Microsoft may be evil, but they certainly understand product pricing and bundling.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    well, while filemaker is a subsidiary of apple, it IS a separate company. keynote is made by apple at cupertino while filemaker is its own entity elsewhere (if i am correct).

i would assume that filemaker has some say as to whether discounts are applied for their product. mind you, ovre the years, i am not 100% sure where apple ends and filemaker begins, but there is a division. appleinsider hinted earlier this year that the split between the two might evaporate completely, but that was a pretty hazy rumor, with no clear timeline, if any, that it would come to pass.