Gaming ... something less political

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I was getting tired of all the super-political threads here so I thought I'd try something on the lighter side.

I play a few games on my Mac (less than five), but I play a lot of games on the Playstation (PSOne), Dreamcast, and XBox. I probably have a game library of about 30 games on each system (probably closer to 20 for the XBox).

Anyway, how many game systems are you currently using? How many games do you have for each system? Do you still play all your games/systems or are most of the games in your library just collecting dust?

Just wondering if I'm the only "freak" out there actively playing games on three (or more) different systems.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    i have only two gaming system : a mac and a PC. My PC is much more skilled for games, due to his Athlon XP 2400 and his geforce 4Ti 4200 AGP 8x 128 MB.

I loved Neverwinter nights on my pc, plays some games of Links 2003, and did not support Aquanox : it's a total pain for my internal ear, i do not support the movements of the submariner ...

I played mostly at Quake 3 on my mac.
  • Reply 2 of 20
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    I mainly play games on the computer, but I like to have folks bring their game systems over to hook up to the projector. I have a couple friends that are big console gamers, and one of them has a every console, so occassionally she brings them over and I whoop ass at deathmatch. I don't like to have a console at the house because I waste too much time playing it. At least with the computer I go back back and forth between playing and working.
  • Reply 3 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

I mainly play games on the computer, but I like to have folks bring their game systems over to hook up to the projector. I have a couple friends that are big console gamers, and one of them has a every console, so occassionally she brings them over and I whoop ass at deathmatch. I don't like to have a console at the house because I waste too much time playing it. At least with the computer I go back back and forth between playing and working.

Although I have a relatively large number of games (and game systems) I try not to spend "too" much time with my games. Back when I was in college (early Playstation days) I spent WAY too much time playing games. Now I only play when I need to vent stress.

My gaming is also kept in check nowadays by a wife who hates video games.

Out of curiosity, what kind of projection TV do you use? I'm trying to talk my wife into getting a projection TV for our home theater in the basement.
  • Reply 4 of 20
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    4!

Cube, PS2 and da Xbox. And 'PC' too.

but only for uh business reasons.
  • Reply 5 of 20
    I got a gamecube A PS2 and a gaming PC

on the cube, F-zero, zelda, metroid, are my favorites

on the PS2, it's all about FF-X, Tactics(PS1), and DVDs(it's the only DVD player in my room besides my iMac)

On the PC SAVAGE! if you don't know about savage...www.s2games.com it's awesome.

in fact, I'm playing it right now, we just finished a round and I was taking a short break, back to the fun.

Also I have an SNES emulator that I use to play all the games I can no longer play on my broken SNES

that's EVO, Final fantasy 4 and 6, super mario world(best video game ever) and such.

I'm not really much of a gamer myself though, I play a few games, but fairly sparingly, I'm really big on final fantasy, and similar titles, also I don't say no to a good 1st person shooter.
  • Reply 6 of 20
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    i use just mac.

i have deimos rising, quake, xgates, some games that came with .mac and some other .. i use mainly deimos.

casually arcade games (arkanoid, pacman) in whatever system, and i enjoy watching someone playing vice city .. and my first ever machine's (msx .. 1980s) fav game was sky jaguar. i played that a few weeks ago .. can't wait to find ram of that for macmame.
  • Reply 7 of 20
    I just use the PS2...never had a PC that could handle games, and it has never occured to me to buy a game for the Mac. I have a GBA floating around somewhere, but rarely ever use it. It's been a while since the PS2 has been fired up too...the only games I've ever really gotten sucked into were GTA3 and Tony Hawk Pro-Skater 4...
  • Reply 8 of 20
    oh. i forgot.

snood.
  • Reply 9 of 20
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    when i play games, i tend to play java or flash games on the 'net. real computer games don't hold me much, because when i play one, i'm thinking how much better i would've written it. for phyn, i actually try to write my own. these attempts almost never finish, but i write just enough to prove to myself that i could do it better.
  • Reply 10 of 20
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    savage is a blast. the only PC game i play.

i have a GC too, right now i'm playing some Sanity something or other. got good reviews and picked it up used for $12.

GC games seem to be the most fun when you have a group of folks playing.
  • Reply 11 of 20
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Uh oh, don't get me started.

For the 'newer' consoles, I've got my Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, GameCube, GBA SP, and Neo Geo Color Pocket. I also have my PowerBook but the only game I've really been playing on that is Shadowbane and I'm really not happy with the way things turned out in that game.

I won a contest a few years ago that gave me one of each of the 'newer' consoles, those being the PS2, Xbox, GameCube, and GBA. The Sega was something I went out and purchased because you can't go wrong with Sega.

For the latest games, I just got Super Mario Advance 4 for the GBA (which I beat a little bit ago), and I'm planning on picking up Rebel Strike for the GameCube and Crimson Skies for the Xbox tomorrow. I need a good Xbox Live game because they have really been lacking in good titles lately, and Halo 2 isn't due until March or April.

In the next month or so, I think they are releasing Counterstrike, Max Payne 2, Rainbow Six 3, Mario Kart, Deus Ex 2, Jedi Academy, Mario Party 5, Ninja Gaiden, FFX2, and more. Too many games.
  • Reply 12 of 20
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    GameCube. Been a little too busy with school to give it the attention it needs.
  • Reply 13 of 20
    vargasvargas Posts: 426member
    I used to play on my PS1 alot, now I mainly use my PC
  • Reply 14 of 20
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    I usually squeeze every drop of computing power out of my iMac DV in a vain attempt to game on my Mac. Over the summer I spent numerous hours playing Civilizations3 and Ghost Recon when I didn't have work.

Right now, I've sold most of my games and Gamecube in an attempt to start saving for a dualie G5 (to be purchased next summer.)
  • Reply 15 of 20
    Sega Genesis

NHL 96

best game ever.
  • Reply 16 of 20
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Sega Genesis

NHL 96

best game ever.

The EA Golf game of that era was awesome too.
  • Reply 17 of 20
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    My long in the tooth iMac still let's me play Age of Empires II, Diablo II, Starcraft and especially Baldur's Gate II (still hoping for the expansion-come on, Macplay!)

On my PS II I play Madden 04, NCAA Football 04 (both are great online,) WWE Smackdown, Lord of the Rings The Two Towers, and Grand Theft Auto III/Vice City.

Jeff
  • Reply 18 of 20
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rustedborg

Out of curiosity, what kind of projection TV do you use? I'm trying to talk my wife into getting a projection TV for our home theater in the basement.

Actually, it's a proxima (infocus) projector. 9' screen and all.

I watch a whole, whole lot of films, and every game goes up on the wall with it.

So max payne is my favorite, and I'll probably buy an xbox pretty soon just to play the new one. I gave away my playstation because it sucked away my life. Deathmatch is great, but the woman doesn't like FPS and I'm too lazy half the time to call up anyone in the neighborhood. I made a couple cities in sim city 4, but once they are stable, it gets pretty boring.

The past few days I've been getting games from here: http://mac.the-underdogs.org/index.php?show=games
  • Reply 19 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by Giaguara

oh. i forgot.

snood.

OH NO IT GOT YOU TOO!
  • Reply 20 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by Argento

OH NO IT GOT YOU TOO!

no, not me. i just posted it as i heard snood was played here on background *cough*