Will the ipod be updated?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Im going to get an ipod but id thought id hang on untill yesterday just incase it was updated or the price reduced. I was thinking along the lines of a larger HD and new software / games. Will it be updated??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    adam11adam11 Posts: 163member
    Same here Mark - but an update is inevitable.... when Toshiba comes up with a 10g dirve in the same size...... but you cant wiat forever..... hell get 2.

i am getting one this weekend after yesterday (along with the 14" iBook for my wife)

Cheersadam.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by MARK_L:

<strong>Im going to get an ipod but id thought id hang on untill yesterday just incase it was updated or the price reduced. I was thinking along the lines of a larger HD and new software / games. Will it be updated??</strong><hr></blockquote>

I bought mine the day they came out. I have not been happyer with a product. If I lost it today, I would GLADLY pay another $400 for another one and not even care about getting screwed if they updateed. I mean it still works!

The only thing they are going to add to the iPod is HD space and (Maybe) line in for recording... I doubt this b/c they dont even have this on their computers anymore!!

Anyways, my point is that it is worth every penny...
  • Reply 3 of 7
    scadboyscadboy Posts: 189member
    Apple just dropped the education price by $20, bringing it to $349, with tax, that's about $370 for me, so I'm mulling it. I'm going to wait until next monday, though, because I need to buy a handspring treo first, and I need to see how much that's going to cost me without service activation, and how much I can sell my visor edge for. Then I'll decide, but I think I'm still going to end up waiting until MacWorld Tokyo, I hear the iPod has been doing mad biz in Japan, so it seems a natural place to upgrade it.

BTW, um, you know... Apple doesn't actually check to see if you're a student or teacher, or whatever, basically anyone can buy from apple store for education and get a decent discount... Just click on the little "Education" tab on the bar, and say you're a "higher education staff/faculty/student" then just put in your town and pick a school.

It's really just that easy, though Apple limits you to one of everything, so you can buy an iMac and a Powermac, but not two powermacs. But then, hey, your dog goes to obedience school, so just change-o the name-o... The don't limit how many things one credit card can buy, he he...

Not that I'm advocating ripping Apple off, but hey, y'all complain so much about price...

ciao,

michael
  • Reply 4 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by scadboy:

<strong>BTW, um, you know... Apple doesn't actually check to see if you're a student or teacher, or whatever, basically anyone can buy from apple store for education and get a decent discount... Just click on the little "Education" tab on the bar, and say you're a "higher education staff/faculty/student" then just put in your town and pick a school.

It's really just that easy, though Apple limits you to one of everything, so you can buy an iMac and a Powermac, but not two powermacs. But then, hey, your dog goes to obedience school, so just change-o the name-o... The don't limit how many things one credit card can buy, he he...

Not that I'm advocating ripping Apple off, but hey, y'all complain so much about price...

ciao,

michael</strong><hr></blockquote>

WAIT, you mean I dont ahve to go through the school anymore?! HOLY CRAP. THAT IS SWEET! Only problem with the Apple Store that I can see is Tax now!! And we cant do SHIT about the Gov't! oh well.

Edit: Oh yeah, content: The EDU price on the iPod is STILL $370 plus $30 for the DAMN TAX!! The $350 was a typo that they fixed

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: psantora ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 7
    OK, this required a new post.

You get $50 more off the iBook and iMac if you say that you are buying FOR THE SCHOOL. Now, if you have a nice school, they will let you do this. You didnt hear it from me.

Edit: there is still that pesky problem of tax tho... You would think the Gov't would give schools a break...

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: psantora ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 7
    I thought good old bush got rid of internet taxes once again... i heard it on tv somewhere... isn't it as long as your purchase is out of state and online there is no tax? sorry i haven't bought ANYTHING online yet and i'm not bush's friend either. thinking of a tibook if i can upgrade the processor.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by neovirusnine:

<strong>I thought good old bush got rid of internet taxes once again... i heard it on tv somewhere... isn't it as long as your purchase is out of state and online there is no tax? sorry i haven't bought ANYTHING online yet and i'm not bush's friend either. thinking of a tibook if i can upgrade the processor.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Generally the idea is if a company has a physical office in your state, then they charge your state's sales tax.

I don't know if this is exactly what Apple does. They do have a presence in Alabama I know, but I also know they charged more than the regular 4% Alabama sales tax on my iPod.