Analyst Meeting on Nov 5

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
this isn't the shareholders meeting right?

I own shares of Apple and have never been able to go to the annual meeting but now that I'm in the bay area i'd like to go.....but this isn't the shareholders meeting, correct?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    voxappsvoxapps Posts: 236member
    This is the meeting for financial analysts, not shareholders. Generally, these aren't open to the public. Keep an eye on Apple's share price for the next few days after the meeting. If it pops up, it usually means the analysts like what they've heard and are recommending Apple to their clients. If it doesn't move much, it means things are status quo and there weren't any surprises.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Voxapps

This is the meeting for financial analysts, not shareholders. Generally, these aren't open to the public.

If that is right shouldn´t they have a sign on this site saying "WARNING: ONLY CLICK THIS LINK IF YOU ARE AN AUTORISED ANALYST AND ONLY IF YOY CAN KEEP OUR SECRETS"?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    voxappsvoxapps Posts: 236member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

If that is right shouldn´t they have a sign on this site saying "WARNING: ONLY CLICK THIS LINK IF YOU ARE AN AUTORISED ANALYST AND ONLY IF YOY CAN KEEP OUR SECRETS"?

It will be interesting to see if there's full public access (or any public access, for that matter) to the broadcast. It may require a login not available to the general public. Did you notice the message at the bottom of the page? Not what you usually see for keynotes, etc.:

This transmission is the property of Apple and protected by U.S. copyright law and international treaties. Any encoding, rebroadcast, retransmission, reproduction or distribution of any part of the material from the transmission is strictly prohibited without prior written approval from Apple. Please contact Apple Public Relations with any questions.