ADC to DVI problem

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
ADC to DVI problem\t

Hello all-

I recently bought a Planar PL191M flat-screen monitor. I have a 450 MHz DP G4 with an ATI Rage128 Pro video card that has both VGA and ADC outputs. I have been using the the VGA monitor output to connect my monitor, and it has been working fine; however, I had been told that if I got a ADC to DVI adapter, I could get a clearer picture.

So, I bought a Belkin ADC 30 Male to DVI 24 Female adapter. Everything fit together fine, and when I started the computer, I saw the grey screen, grey apple logo, and spinner that we all know and love from startup. (Not that it's much to go by, but this screen was at a higher resolution than it was when the monitor was connected to the VGA output.) However, as soon as the main startup progress bar came on, the screen went blank and the monitor gave a "No Video" error.

Does anyone know what might be causing this, and how I might fix it? I've had this computer for 3+ years, but I've never used the ADC output until now.

jf

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Check out the display control panel in system preferences. There may be a "detect displays" button. I just checked mine and it's not there. I'm running 10.3 so it might have changed from 10.2. It could also be that I don't have the equipment capable of doing a dual display. Poke around in the display control panel of system preferences and see if you can find anything. Thats the best I can do for you. Hope this helps.