Printer Trouble

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Since i installed Panther i have not been able to print. I have an HP 5550. At first i could see the printer in the Printer setup utility but could not get it to communicate with the printer. Now Printer Setup Utility crashes each time i try to add a printer. I have installed HP drivers from teh 10.3 disc. i have downloaded the most recent drivers from HP's site. sitll no luck.

Suggestions?

Help?

please?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Similar problem here, PRINT SETUP crashes when I try to add a printer. Ball spins for about a min. then crashes. ??? Tried trashing preferences, repair permissions, any other ideas ??

Now fixed. found old pref. "print centre" trashed, and all seems to work fine.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I had this problem in the early hours of the morning and .... ahem ... I'd had a few beers. As I recall the problem seemed to be that Panther had installed a second set of drivers for my printer (an Epson) and so printing was causing it to get all confused... ie it didn't replace the old ones.

So I went to Library/Printers and deleted the old driver for my model and then reconfigured the printing. That fixed it.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    I had the same problem with an HP AIO OfficeJet D 135. All it takes is an uninstall and a reinstall of the drivers. Should work after that. It worked for me. If not, check www.hp.com for updated drivers and whatnot. Good luck.