reverting firmware - help please

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have decided to revert my firmware form version 2.1 to 2.0.1 because of battery, line out, and always on issues it has with this new firmware version. I have installed the 2.0.1 updater which came with my iPod, but am unable to update my firmware to 2.1. Is there a program that will erase the firmware and allow me to go back to 2.0.1, or how would I get back to the old firmware?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    has this been a problem. I've been noticing that my ipod always seems to be out of batteries since installing this update; have others been experiencing this same thing or am i just crazy and charging it for only a couple of hours every night?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by vaultingat

has this been a problem. I've been noticing that my ipod always seems to be out of batteries since installing this update; have others been experiencing this same thing or am i just crazy and charging it for only a couple of hours every night?

This new verxion has very poor battery management, I have found, compared to the old one - which is a major reason I want to revert back. Just need to know how!