Do Student Developers get a free copy of Panther?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I think the subject pretty much covers it. ~felipe

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Yes, they do.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by vaultingat

I think the subject pretty much covers it. ~felipe

They sent you an Apple Developer email on Oct. 24 stating that they shipped Panther to you on Oct. 23. Look for it next week.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    boemaneboemane Posts: 311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by atomicham

They sent you an Apple Developer email on Oct. 24 stating that they shipped Panther to you on Oct. 23. Look for it next week.

I signed up for an ADC Student developer account on the 17th of October. I did not receive any email saying that Panther would be shipped to me. but I did get this email on the 25th:

Quote:

Reply-To: Apple Developer Connection <[email protected]>

Panther is here! Apple is now shipping Mac OS X v10.3 Panther

worldwide, and customers are lining up to tap its power,

performance, and more than 150 innovative new features.

Every copy of Panther also includes Xcode Tools, the high-powered

development tools suite from Apple. Together, Panther and Xcode

Tools provide new opportunities to amaze your users.

To unleash the power of Panther, purchase today at your local

retailer or online Apple Store.

What gives ? Do you have to live in the states to get this offer, or is it only avaliable if you've been a member since a particualr date ?

I didn't sign up to get Panther, but that would have been a nice surprise

.:BoeManE:.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by BoeManE

I signed up for an ADC Student developer account on the 17th of October.

What gives ? Do you have to live in the states to get this offer, or is it only avaliable if you've been a member since a particualr date ?

I didn't sign up to get Panther, but that would have been a nice surprise

You paid (US$99) to receive the monthly developer mailings? The November Developer Mailing includes Panther.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Additionally, your first mailing should have sort of a "here's everything up to date til now" package which has the last OS upgrade, latest dev tools, etc. *Then* your monthly mailing start. At least, that's how mine was way back in the twilight days of MacOS X...
  • Reply 6 of 8
    thank you. I guess after that, my only question is this: do student developers get a free copy of panther every month?

thanks again, felipe
  • Reply 7 of 8
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Uh, no.

That would be silly.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    boemaneboemane Posts: 311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by atomicham

You paid (US$99) to receive the monthly developer mailings? The November Developer Mailing includes Panther.

How do you know that the november mailings include Panther ? Is this general knowledge, that the OS would be included in the next monthly mailing after the release ? Or does Apple have a website that lists what the next monthly mailings includes ?

I think it weird that they don't advertise this fact. I signed up with no information about a montly mailing or an organization kit. (mainly signed up for the HWPP, my TiBook is looking for a replacement).

Edit: I found this page: http://developer.apple.com/products/mailing.html that tells what the monthly CD contains.

Does anyone know if these CD's are send from the US, or will they be made and sendt from a local office (Say, in Australia where I live).

.:BoeManE:.